Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Great weekend in GA

Started by Roost 1, March 24, 2019, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Headed out to GA early Friday morning.  Met a friend for breakfast in Fort Oglethorpe and then headed over near Canton  for a visit with Mr Lonnie Mabry.  Had a great visit, heard some great stories, and purchased a few of his calls.  Met my buddy who had invited me down  to hunt and after getting my gear unloaded, we took a little ride to look for birds.  Ended up being on birds most of the morning on Sat and if I had a gun, instead of the bow, I would of killed. However Sat evening was very uneventful except for hearing one gobble 4 times between 6-7:30. Decided to go after him this morning on backside of farm. To make long story short, I unintentionally set up between some hens and as they assembled around me this big guy strutted down the barrel.

RossAnderson

Congrats on the GA bird. Seems to me the NW GA area where I hunt is startin to heat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

Roost 1

Quote from: RossAnderson on March 24, 2019, 10:54:23 PM
Congrats on the GA bird. Seems to me the NW GA area where I hunt is startin to heat up.

I was hunting in Polk Co.... is that near you?

hookedspur

Congrats Greg he's a good-en..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

callaway71

I appreciate you not telling me the score yesterday so I could keep my high going. Lol

Awesome bird!

RossAnderson

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 24, 2019, 11:02:47 PM
Quote from: RossAnderson on March 24, 2019, 10:54:23 PM

I was hunting in Polk Co.... is that near you?

Yes sir, real close. I was huntin in Chattooga County.

-Ross

wvmntnhick

Sweet! Good deal man.