News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dicks Sporting Goods

Started by tomstopper, March 13, 2019, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

Quote from: rifleman on March 13, 2019, 06:59:08 PM
I quit going in there after there initial thing with the ARs.  Anyway, it seemed to me to be another place for Eddie Bauer type stuff.

Forty some years ago, Eddie Bauer sold a ton of good hunting stuff.  I still have a goose down sleeping bag that is as comfortable and warm as when new.  Now it is exclusively for left wing snowflakes.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

SOCOM304

Thanks to the liberal agenda, the head nuts at Dicks apparently have no nuts and certainly are a bunch of appropriately named folks. I wouldn't buy from them just for carrying Nike alone, much less the knee jerk reaction of banning sales of AR style rifles and to deny sales to legal citizens under 21. They have dug their own grave. We gotta stick together guys&gals and not let these clowns in our towns!!

bghunter777

What comes first the chicken or the egg. Their senior leadership craps on hunters then used poor performing stores as an excuse to remove hunting gear. Its a calculated decision based on ideology

Magdump

Dick's Sporting Goods is the Enemy.   

No hunter should ever spend a cent with them again, clearance deals or not.  The CEO is a gun hater. Dick's actually hired an anti-gun DC lobbying firm.   Do i need to go on?

I cant wait for them to go bankrupt!

Yoder409

We can only hope that enough sportsmen stick together and spread the word to see their Field & Stream stores go under .............
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

turkaholic

Quote from: coyote1 on March 13, 2019, 04:00:53 PM
I wouldn't shop there even for great deals. They are anti hunting/ anti 2 A. I vowed to never spend another dime at their stores when they stopped selling ar's and refused to sell long guns to anyone under 21 even though the law is 18. They are getting rid of all their hunting stuff because they are against it and trying to appeal to suburban soccer moms.

I hope all their stores go out of business within a year or 2. They are appropriately named dicks, that's what they are.
live to hunt hunt to live

1iagobblergetter

Good. I hope they end up broke. Serves them right. Employee's will find a different competent minimum wage job...

Happy

Awful lot of talk about Dicks in this thread.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

MarkTwain Hunter

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 13, 2019, 04:27:41 PM
Dicks is good for selling yoga pants and Nike shoes....no thanks.
Exactly....they never were a serious seller of hunting and fishing equipment.

model94

I have not sboped.there since their AR 15 DISATER! Looks like they're doubling down! They can sell.their soccer balls.
Also Levi Jeans  are done too!