Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

10 gauge vs. Osceola

Started by Palmetto Pirate, March 20, 2019, 07:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palmetto Pirate

New to the forum! Took this bird opening morning set up was blind over gobbler and laying down hen. Gobbled right at daybreak had answers from 3 different birds. About 8 am this guy rolls by with 8 hens. Stays about 100 yards out and passes by. Around 9:30 his harem and him start heading back to me. As the hens were approaching he would herd them away from the direction of the Decoys still out of range. When I called to him he would go into full strut but still hang up at 75 yards. There was one bunch of cabbage palms between me and him an luckily him and the hens went behind it, this gave me time to exit the blind and make up some ground on him. When I got as far as I could go without being busted by one of the hens I called very faintly with a mouth call and he cleared the cabbage palms strutting . As it turned out he was about 46 steps away the Gold 10 barked and his harem hoarding days ended. He was a pretty good bird 10 inches of beard and 1 1/4 spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My beard is grey and my spurs short and I roost on the ground but I still gobble in the Spring!

the Ward

Congrats on a fine gobbler, and ............ :welcomeOG:

surehuntsalot

congrats on the bird and what sounded like a great hunt
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

limbhanger777

Nice Bird!

And I love the gun, have thought about a gold 10ga myself many times.

edward.penny

Congrats.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk