OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat Diaphragm Calls

Started by michiganoutdoorsman, March 20, 2019, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michiganoutdoorsman

I'm looking for some new diaphragm calls to try this year. I usually go with the woodhaven red wasp, then saw a lot of guys speaking highly of Gooserbat's calls. Which one is comparable to the red wasp? The hillbilly? Also he has free shipping over $39 so that's more of an excuse to buy 4 calls. What would you guys recommend?

BTH

Just got a Bacon and a Hillbilly. Hillbilly is comparable to a split V raspy type mouth call.
Phil 4:13

Sixes

compton30

Quote from: michiganoutdoorsman on March 20, 2019, 01:26:27 PM
I'm looking for some new diaphragm calls to try this year. I usually go with the woodhaven red wasp, then saw a lot of guys speaking highly of Gooserbat's calls. Which one is comparable to the red wasp? The hillbilly? Also he has free shipping over $39 so that's more of an excuse to buy 4 calls. What would you guys recommend?

I didn't look through all of the Gooserbat calls but the Red Wasp is .004 red over 2 proph with a V cut and the Hillbilly is .004 yellow over 2 proph with a V cut clipped on one side. Pretty similar I'd say. If I had to pick between the two, I'd choose the Hillbilly as it would be easier to get more front end on your yelp with that wing clipped on a side.