Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hello jw if i could get my full choke 410 can be threaded for screw in chokes

Started by Hunter109, March 08, 2019, 10:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter109

I have a full choke 410 singleshot jw if it could be taped for srew in chokes and if not is full choke enough to kill a turkey out past 30 yards

Old Gobbler

I would shoot the gun first with the load of choice , you might be pleased with it , just the way it is

William of sumtoy does barrel threading , your going to have to probably wait till after spring for barrel work , cause they slammed busy
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

dixiemagnum80

I agree with Shannon. You never know how it will pattern until you shoot it. Depending on the dimensions of your barrel, it may or may not be a candidate for threading.  I will say this though, I sent a barrel off for threading to Mike Orlen 3 weeks ago and had it back in 6 days. Cost me $70 total and his work is fantastic. Don't bother calling or emailing him. Just box it up, send it to him with a note of what you want done, and 2 money orders. One for $15 shipping cost and one for $55 to cover the barrel threading. He will measure the barrel and decide if it can be threaded. If so, he threads it and sends it back. If not, he sends it back with your $55. Good luck!

Hunter109

outdoorsmen

lasttombstone

As said earlier, shoot the gun and check the pattern at different distances, then decide.  I usually hunt with a Winchester 37 single shot .410, factory full choke.  It throws a killing pattern at 40 yards using hand loaded TSS #9.  I prefer my shots 30 yds. or less so I'm good with what it does.  Good luck with your gun.