OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ALABAMA public land?

Started by kytrkyhntr, March 18, 2019, 12:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

I'm a 4 hour drive from Bankhead national Forrest. Any info on that place and if it's worth the drive from KY to have an extra weekend of hunting? Never been before. I see now that it isn't open till April 1st. Anyone have any leads on another one that would be open now that is worth the drive?
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

kytrkyhntr

Any info appreciated. Regulations, tips, or general knowledge about the area. Please PM me with anything you know about it.

aclawrence

Might take a look at Talladega National Forest. Not sure when they open but it sounds like they have more birds than Bankhead anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bammerslammer 50

Talladega national forest opened march 16. The wma on the Calhoun county and cleburne county side opens march 26. Turkey numbers are fairly high so are hunter numbers. They like to gobble especially on the roost, but can be call shy. Its just like hunting any other high pressured birds i would imagine. All that said its where i hunt 90% of the time. Good luck.

kytrkyhntr

Is it true that there is no hunting allowed after 1pm on all wma in Alabama?

bammerslammer 50

No. On chocolocco wma you can hunt all day.

T-town

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 18, 2019, 07:24:21 PM
Is it true that there is no hunting allowed after 1pm on all wma in Alabama?

Generally true. Check the regs for each individual wma. And do not block a gate or road when you park. You will get a ticket.