turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jebs or IC Choke

Started by Thinman, March 03, 2019, 06:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thinman

Jebs .655 choke or IC .675 which will shoot the pattern out of a 835.Not sure if the Jebs might be to tight. Shooting TSS #9.

Ozarks Hillbilly

No personal experience with the Jeb's but .655 seems extremely tight for a 835. Didn't even know they had constriction that tight for a over bored 12 ga.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Roost 1

I prefer a JEBS. The way the choke is designed allows for the tighter constriction. If you don't like the pattern send it back to try a different size or get your money back. I will be shooting 2oz #8 handloads and they recommended the 650 to me. The weather hasn't allowed me to shoot yet.

Bowguy

I just mentioned this to the 935 poster. If it's a turkey model why not at least give the factory choke a try. A lot is gonna matter on the type pattern you like as well.
My 835 is from right around  late 80s early 90 if I'm rembering right. The gun was my go to gun til a couple years back. Never screwed a choke in besides the factory one and the birds didn't seem to mind

KyScott

Don't have any experience with the Indian Creek but just had a dealing with Jebs. I called them to talk about there High Voltage Chokes because im building my wife an 870 20 gauge Turkey Gun. I explaned to them she would be shooting TSS in 9's. They recommended the .565 Head Hunter until I explained that it was for her and that I wanted a more forgiving pattern for up close and personal cause she gets tore up :drool: lol. He agreed on the High Voltage in .570 and said that if it didn't suit us to send it back and they would send the next size of my choice to try. There chokes are made the same the name is basically based on different constrictions. They make the High Voltage Waterfowl for the Mossy 835 in .675, .680, .685, .690, and .695. from what i've seen and read on here the Mossy is gonna like it somewhere between .675 and .685. They really are great people to deal with. As far as Indian Creek goes like I said i've never had any dealings with them but have never heard anything but good things about them. Don't know for sure if they will exchange chokes or not. Sure some one her can chime in on that. Good luck and hope you find whatcha need.

Gooserbat

For tss and an 835 I'd opt for either a .675 or .690 jebs.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dirt road ninja

With TSS I would run a round thru what ya already have. It's not picky, Bowguy mention the factory 690 has just as good a chance as a 100 dollar tube. With tss just because you spend more doesn't mean better patterns.

To give my opinion on the original question, I'd go IC.

Boykin Hollow

You cannot go wrong with either of these chokes.  My 20 gauge benelli m1 likes a Carlson's choke better than anything I have tried