Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi gobbling? What y'all hearing?

Started by northms, March 11, 2019, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

Season starts on Friday here for us and didn't know if any of our hunters with youth heard anything this last week.

Spitten and drummen

Down here in Jefferson and Franklin counties , we heard 3 yesterday morning and 3 this morning. Gobbled 3 or 4 times on roost and clammed up. Got on one yesterday morning and had 8 or 9 hens fly down to him. Weather was cloudy , rainy and windy. Combine that with henned up birds , it makes it really tough. Hopefully Friday the weather will be good and I can kill one of those satellite birds that bounds to be close to the head honcho and his flocks.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

northms

Supposed to be cloudy and cold Friday here. Not a good recipe for gobbling from my experience in MS.

Spitten and drummen

Suppose to be sunny , low 40's high 60. Im ready to roll
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ShootingABN!

Haven't been out. Life happens. Hoping this weekend will be different from last year. Good luck everyone.

Mossyguy

Heard a couple on Sunday...probably gobbled around 15 times but never on their own. If we could get a couple sunny days in a row they might perk up.

FullChoke

Been out a couple of times in central MS and have only heard deer blowing at me. I believe that the birds just haven't really started getting cranked up yet. They may still be in gendered groups at this point. When it breaks open it will be epic.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Cottonmouth

I've heard a few. Haven't had much time to listen. Mainly seeing them on my route. All the turkey hunters are nice to the ups man especially this time of year!! Seems the older birds already have big groups of hens. Have seen a lot of big groups of just 2 yr olds too.

dublelung

Greene County report, my youth hunter stood me up for football camp this past weekend so I didn't go. My dad just called and he'd been listening to one this morning. Said he started gobbling early and gobbled about 10 times on his own. Weather is going to be crappy this weekend but I'll be out there getting crappy with it.

Spitten and drummen

My buddy took his son to our lease this am. He heard six. Said they gobbled good until their lady friends showed up. They were not together either. Just a update for Southwest Ms.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

surehuntsalot

got my fingers crossed for Friday, last turkey I saw had a life jacket on
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Turkeyslayer7

Southwest Ms. I heard  2 groups Saturday evening and went back Sunday morning with my lil girl and called in 5 jakes that were gobbling their heads off. Assuming the Lb must have had hens else where and was tight lipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoer2

Heard a few birds last couple of morning in north ms.

MissLouHunter

Heard 2 Sunday morning on the limb, stopped gobbling after it started to rain a bit. Did have one walk up silent 30 yards behind us about an hour later but the youth couldn't get turned around in time.