OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striker suggestions

Started by Liljake, March 11, 2019, 11:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liljake

I'm looking to add a few strikers to my arsenal. Currently I have glass and slate pots with graphite and Hickory strikers.  Any suggestions on strikers ?
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

Gobbler2577

JLH on here.  Jeff harrison is his name.  Tell him what you want to run and buy what he suggests.  Great strikers and a great guy.  Well, at least HE says he's a great guy....

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

idratherb

coyote1

Matt Mcclain black locust and tulip wood, stuckey Macassar ebony, Halloran jatoba, wendell Rye webbwood and persimmon.

turkey stew

Jeff, JLH can get some quality strikers in a short period of time. Mr. Fowler makes quality strikers but the wait time will be longer since his illness.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Spitten and drummen

You want great strikers with a short wait , go with JLH. He is making strikers that are right there with the best of them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

I myself would like to try out one of JLH's strikers in the future. I am very partial to Stuckey strikers with the flared or what some refer to as mushroom tips, I find them very easy to play and would not hesitate to buy more as funds come available. I would suggest a Stuckey in Tulipwood to begin with and would also suggest a Halloran one piece Ipe.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Liljake

Thanks for the advice fellas, I'll check them out.
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

Brizendine1234

vt35mag

Tulipwood, macassar ebony, and dymondwood. Obsession turkey calls (Derrick Stuckey) on ebay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

hush

Harold Fowler Rosewood Is one of my favorites. Just picked up a John Sinclair Snakewood that is sweet! I have a Persimmon striker that is amazing on anything, but don't know the maker, has KC burned into the top.

MikeStaten

Lyman snakewood is really good.