News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What striker do I need.

Started by scoffman1, March 19, 2019, 07:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoffman1

Quote from: bbcoach on March 20, 2019, 11:06:10 AM
Great Guys on this site!!!!!!  When you get your strikers, try them on the call but it looks as if the surface isn't conditioned enough.  Give them a go and if the sound isn't what you think it should be, then get back to us.  A good scuffing with a conditioning stone or drywall screen should bring out the sound in the Cody glass.
Thank you for this. I will try that. It's kind of scuffed but not all on the surface. Mainly middle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Double B

Great post, and good luck w the strikers!  Hickory is always a good choice
Followed by buzzards

zelmo1

Hickory and purple heart are my two favorites for glass also. I want to thank everyone that helped out, this is what makes this a great site guys  :welcomeOG:

Sx4

I was thinking the same thing about how it was conditioned.. No matter the striker it will need a good conditioning... Here is an example of a crystal call and the placement and depth of how I condition it..

scoffman1

Wow I learned something new here. Guess I need to find a tutorial or an address to send mine to an expert.

Sx4

Quote from: scoffman1 on March 23, 2019, 09:16:02 PM
Wow I learned something new here. Guess I need to find a tutorial or an address to send mine to an expert.

All you need is a conditioning stone plenty of guys sell them.. Average cost is around 7$ It's really simple just back and forth in  one direction. 

bbcoach

Course drywall screen works well too.  I use 120 grit and I always have a piece in my vest for quick touch ups.