OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TC Encore....Input please

Started by Waddle Whacker, April 29, 2011, 03:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Whacker

Hey guys, I'm new to posting on the forum but have been following quietly for quite some time now. I'm very interested in the TC turkey gun, or the idea of one at least. I currently alternate between an 870 and an Extrema 2, both of which push, if not excede the 300 mark at 40. Will I be disappointed in the TC? I know I can't really expect those numbers out of a 3" gun, but figured I could be fairly close with the right choke and some 7s. What kind of experience/patterns have you guys had with these guns? About all I read about them is the fact that they KICK. I'm a big boy, I can take the recoil, so that will not figure into the equation. Thanks in advance.

mtsrunner

I have hunted exclusively with an Encore for about 10 years now. Deer, turkey, predators and everything else.
I have a 24" and a 20" barrel for mine. They do kick, but I'm 6'3", 230 do it is not something I notice unless I shoot more than 10 rounds and I haven't had to do that since I last sighted in about 3 years ago hen I switched to Hevi mag blends.
I have used the 20" barrel (no longer made by T/C) for turkeys for the last 4 turkey seasons. I sight it in dead on at 40 yds. I have only shot one bird farther than that (49 yd kill in TX).
I use the regular stock with a Limbsaver pad.
I don't think I will ever go back to a long heavy gun.
Here are pics of a couple of birds from this season.

PM me if you have more questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runngun

I really think you will like the encore. I have one and it shoots great with the mag-blends, Hevi 7s even though I shoot NITRO'S out of mine. The only choke I have for it is an Indian creek 665.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

blgoode

I will be using mine for my first turkey hunt in a week. I'd like a better pattern but for 30 yards the 3" #5 Nitros will work. I'll get some time in the bush with it and see what happens. I really love the size and simplicity of the gun.

snapper1982

you all do realize this was posted in april 2011 right?