North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hunt tread

Started by camotoe, March 05, 2019, 08:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camotoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camotoe

These guys where gobbling there brains out . 2 of the birds are the owners from what I was told and the rest are wild birds . I filmed a couple gobblers and a peacock going back and forth . Seemed like the turkeys wanted to give an add whooping to the peacock

notsure

So, do think those smoke phase gobblers are descended from cross breeding with domestics?

camotoe

Yes , the wild birds come into his yard and must be breeding with his birds . This is a pretty rural area where this house sits right on the boarder with the wma

aclawrence

Down to the last 10 days here in Alabama. It's going by so fast.  I'm going to give it my best to kill some more birds. I went Saturday and the weather was miserable but it's looking pretty good for in the morning.

zelmo1

Opener in Maine next Monday, NH is 2 days after. You will be done and I will just be starting  :OGturkeyhead:

aclawrence

You know I've never been to Maine before

zelmo1

Finally, youth weekend then Maine opener on Monday and NH on Wednesday  :turkey2: :turkey2:

aclawrence

Well it's down to the nitty gritty here in Alabama. I'm out this afternoon and spending the night for my last hunt of the season in the morning. Would have likely killed one this morning but my brother shot and missed. Oh well.

zelmo1

camotoe

Good luck

Arlo

Guys did we ever get someone to be the team captain and keep our scores updated for the contest.  I saw where they were asking about it/
"I'd rather Turkey Hunt than breathe, I just can't figure out how to get away with it!"

zelmo1

aclawrence

Hey guys, I don't know if I'm technically the "captain" or not but I'll try to work on updating all the scores. I did look through some of the other teams to see what they had going a few weeks ago and I didn't see much.  I look around again.

aclawrence

Hey team I'm working on the "turkey Talley" list.  I will add it to the first post in the harvest thread.  Ya'll please take a look over it when I get done and make sure that everything looks right.  There is also a thread now in the the bigger contest section where all the teams are listing their scores.  I might get to squeeze in one last hunt out of state but I'm pretty much done.  Ya'll northern guys keep dropping the hammer!

I got the list up.  Ya'll give it a look over.