turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cant figure em out

Started by mdgobbler, April 29, 2011, 10:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdgobbler

i got permission to hunt on this nice 76 acre piece of land. went yesterday (thursday) nasty windy (steady 25+) and over cast and the birds were going to town gobbling till about 8 than shut right up. around 9 went for a walk and looked were i heard the birds and found nice tracks in the mud where they were walking. i went again today (friday) set up where i heard birds and saw the tracks yesterday. today it was nice bluebird sky sunny and warm, didnt hear a damn bird all morning whats up with that? i cant figure em out
-mdgobbler-

jshively

I hunt a 92 acre farm - which about 40 acres are used by turkeys.  What I have found is that one day the birds may be on the property and the next day they are off some where else.  You just have to keep going and one day it all comes together.  If it is possible to drive around and see the other properties near there - you may get a glimpse of them.  Then you can ask the landowner for permission to hunt that property as well.

kyhareraiser

seems here with all the rain and high winds we are having mall the birds are rounded uo together.i guess so they will have more eyes looking in all directions for threats of danger.i know i watched a group of gobblers all together last week right after 2 days of mother natures fury(wind and rain) as they struted down from a ridge top to a flat 30 yards below the crest.to get out of the wind i guess..anyway only 1 bird gobbled and there were several of them.watching and hoping they came my y as they single file strutted to the flat a then ganged up in a big wad only to wander on over the hill as i sadly watched lol

coyotetrpr

Sounds like my week 2 in Missouri. Cloudy and windy/ rainy days they gobble good. Bluebird(gobbling)days they won't say a word. Must be scared of the sun this year as we haven't seen much of it latley
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.