OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New shotgun load???

Started by BINK McCARTY, March 04, 2019, 06:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liljake

Quote from: DBell on April 05, 2019, 02:29:48 PM
Hey guys, I have to give an update on the boss tom loads. I don't like to report bad news but out of two five round boxes (I originally bought 4 boxes), I had 2 "dud" rounds. The first one made a fizzle sound when I fired, had no recoil, and the wad was actually stuck in the choke tube. After getting the wad out, I took the barrel off and looked down and it was full of unburned powder. I took pic and video and sent it to boss. They did right and sent me another box, saying that it could have been the cold temps and the fact that they use a slow burning powder. I don't think that was the case as it was 40 degrees that day. (The rest of shells in the box shot with no problems as well as 4 shells from the second box). Today (several weeks later) I decided to shoot some more rounds and had 1 shell left from box #2. I fired and it made a good pop as if it fired fine, but there was hardly any recoil and  all the shot hit about 2 feet in front of my 3ft x 2ft target. I reported this to Boss, they have read my message but no response yet. I told them that I now have 3 boxes of this ammo that I will not ever trust in the field.

If you owned a company, how would you go about making this right?

Send you a prepaid return label and offer you a refund or 3 new boxes of ammunition + 2 extra boxes for your inconvenience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

DBell

Quote from: Liljake on April 05, 2019, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: DBell on April 05, 2019, 02:29:48 PM
Hey guys, I have to give an update on the boss tom loads. I don't like to report bad news but out of two five round boxes (I originally bought 4 boxes), I had 2 "dud" rounds. The first one made a fizzle sound when I fired, had no recoil, and the wad was actually stuck in the choke tube. After getting the wad out, I took the barrel off and looked down and it was full of unburned powder. I took pic and video and sent it to boss. They did right and sent me another box, saying that it could have been the cold temps and the fact that they use a slow burning powder. I don't think that was the case as it was 40 degrees that day. (The rest of shells in the box shot with no problems as well as 4 shells from the second box). Today (several weeks later) I decided to shoot some more rounds and had 1 shell left from box #2. I fired and it made a good pop as if it fired fine, but there was hardly any recoil and  all the shot hit about 2 feet in front of my 3ft x 2ft target. I reported this to Boss, they have read my message but no response yet. I told them that I now have 3 boxes of this ammo that I will not ever trust in the field.

If you owned a company, how would you go about making this right?

Send you a prepaid return label and offer you a refund or 3 new boxes of ammunition + 2 extra boxes for your inconvenience

I was thinking the same. I would be fine with a full refund. They read my message several hours ago but have not responded. I'm thinking of sending another asking for a refund.