OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best green slate

Started by coyote1, February 28, 2019, 11:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Try one of Buster`s calls green slate . You will not be disappointed with the quality sound and looks. They are very affordable and you wont have to wait forever to get one.

JLH

I'd say the best green slate is one you can actually buy and use this season.....

And at a reasonable price.

Fieldturkey

I got a green slate over glass in an ebony pot from Halloran that screams

Sir-diealot

I really like the one I got from MAC Game Calls here on the site, very easy to play and seems to really grip the striker for a great sound.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Mark Cornelius , green slate

Crghss

One more for Brad Roberts green slate.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

chuckward

Dustin Jones is my favorite out of the ones  you can get in a reasonable timeframe.

yelpy

Cody makes a fine one.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

yelpy

Quote from: BTH on February 28, 2019, 11:45:39 PM
I have bought and sold several. I have kept one that my buddy is gonna use this season to see how he likes it. That is a Strut zone in a cherry pot (really good call). The other one  I liked but sold it was a Blackstone in a cherry pot ( fantastic call!) Most recommend the Roberts green slate which I would like to try but he's not making any currently.
Gonna run Hank's this weekend at the deer classic. They have 3 different species. After this weekend if I don't like any of those, I am gonna decide on a MAC or possibly re vist a Lonzo. I did hear a blue mahoe over glass on Preacherman's facebook page that sounded good too. It was already sold though.

Footballer makes a good one as well in a Sassafras pot that sounds very good if not better than the ones mentioned here.
I've got a Footballer and it is a mighty fine pot!! It will be in my vest this year.

Britton40

I bought a Osage Green slate over glass at Unicoi in 2018 from Paul Durham. It's the best I've played or heard.

wcerin

Quote from: yelpy on March 01, 2019, 10:03:51 PM
Cody makes a fine one.

My Woodsman DD doesn't leave my vest. It is Top Shelf
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

Harty

I've been working paul Hicks green slate in red cedar and am very pleased.

Tom Dooley

I like my Hanks osage green slate better than any call I've ever played.

Fieldturkey

Quote from: Britton40 on March 02, 2019, 12:01:13 AM
I bought a Osage Green slate over glass at Unicoi in 2018 from Paul Durham. It's the best I've played or heard.

It really is a fantastic call. I'll never get rid of mine

PALongspur

My brotha from anotha motha, Mark Cornelius.