turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cn or hand turned

Started by Brizendine1234, March 06, 2019, 06:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brizendine1234

Got a ? Do most people want a hand turned pot or a cn machine pot or does it really matter 

Gobbler2577

It matters to me, but more so with box calls.  I know many ultimately care about sound quality alone, but I dont care to buy a machine made call.  I want to know a man (or woman) used their hands to build a call.  I guess it's like the difference in a cake made from scratch vs a mix from a box.  May be a poor illustration, but I like to think something handmade is more special.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gobbler2577 on March 06, 2019, 08:38:12 PM
It matters to me, but more so with box calls.  I know many ultimately care about sound quality alone, but I dont care to buy a machine made call.  I want to know a man (or woman) used their hands to build a call.  I guess it's like the difference in a cake made from scratch vs a mix from a box.  May be a poor illustration, but I like to think something handmade is more special.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk
Well put and I agree. It was a good illustration.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jbird22

Being a CAD/CAM guy, it doesn't really matter to me. A LOT more goes into the CNC side than someone without that experience would realize or want to give credit for. Both sides require their own particular,unique skills and I personally respect both.