News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best green slate

Started by coyote1, February 28, 2019, 11:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote1

Who makes a good one?

I have a Halloran, it's the only one I have played.

raven105

Lon Trice makes a fine one in Bubinga and Dustin Jones cherry or walnut are great too. Brad Roberts cedar green slate is awesome but good luck finding one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTH

I have bought and sold several. I have kept one that my buddy is gonna use this season to see how he likes it. That is a Strut zone in a cherry pot (really good call). The other one  I liked but sold it was a Blackstone in a cherry pot ( fantastic call!) Most recommend the Roberts green slate which I would like to try but he's not making any currently.
Gonna run Hank's this weekend at the deer classic. They have 3 different species. After this weekend if I don't like any of those, I am gonna decide on a MAC or possibly re vist a Lonzo. I did hear a blue mahoe over glass on Preacherman's facebook page that sounded pretty good too. Footballer makes a good one as well

Update 3/5/19. Did not like the Hanks green slate sound. Fine pot, nice construction though. Keeping my eyes open for a MAC green over Aluminum or glass or Lonzo green slate in a bubinga pot.
Phil 4:13

Spitten and drummen

Look no farther than mark cunningham aka footballer right here on og. He makes one of the finest I have heard in a sasafrass pot.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gog1015

Brad Roberts in a Hackberry or Cedar pot, unbelievable!

Jroddc

I have a MAC in a spalted maple pot that sounds fantastic

HILBY72

MAC green slate cherry pot, don't leave home without it

wchadw

Brad Roberts cedar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dixiemagnum80

rbreedi1

MAC Walnut green slate is smoking!
Thunder Ridge Totes

HookedonHooks

Brad Roberts Cedar is almost unmatched when it comes to green slate in my opinion. His other woods are good too if you can those.

But Lon Trice(Lonzo) makes a real mean one in Bullet Tree, Mark Cornelius (MAC) in Walnut, Dustin Jones(Blackstone) in Cherry. You can't go wrong with any of those.

tomfooleryy

I'd also like to say that Gary Anderson of Daybreak calls makes a great green slate

HookedonHooks

Quote from: tomfooleryy on March 01, 2019, 10:17:45 AM
I'd also like to say that Gary Anderson of Daybreak calls makes a great green slate
If you want a higher pitch front end, but overall more "mellow" than other green slates, I'd also recommend Gary's all the way.

MDTOM84

I got this one a few weeks ago, I have ran green slates from Lonzo, Roberts, MAC ect. This Platz Walnut green slate is the most realistic of them all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

coyote1

Thanks guys.I will check out footballer, Mac and Blackstone. I have never ran a pot from any of these guys.

I have heard a lot about the Roberts cedar and I'm sure the platz sounds great. Those 2 seem like very hard calls to get a hold of.