turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Golden Age of Turkey Videos

Started by greencop01, April 16, 2019, 04:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

I just have to comment what with 'The Hunting Public, The Pinhoti Project, Catman, Kingdom Connection, Calling All Turkeys (Shane Simpsom), Cuz 411, Bartlett Kimbrough among others. We have such quality and real hunting information out there we are in the Golden Age of Wild Turkey video. Most of these guys hunt the 'old fashion way', they earn their birds. Watch Cuz 411, the episode where Cranky Downs the Devil, if you don't shed a tear at the end you ain't human. Just wanted to comment on the great turkey hunting we can watch and enjoy. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Devastator

Have to agree,but the last time I shed a tear was Sunday when Tiger won the green jacket !!

bigbird

We've come along way since the truth videos mad and knight and hale video days

SteelerFan

Seems to be coming around. First VHS tapes showed some real hunts, then it went all "Hollywood", "Booyah!", etc. Now, we have real guys posting up real hunts on the inter-web, and it's good. Still plenty of garbage, but it's nice to see these guys rise up.

It's still hard to believe that I can sit in my recliner, watching the news, and grab a "tablet" - touch a button, and have a "conversation" about turkey hunting with a couple hundred folks! Lol

Gooserbat

Things will come full circle.  I think most hunters want raw footage of a real hunt
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ssettle

Prefer it the old way myself..taught my boys to hunt sitting against a tree in the woods not along fields. Started my grandson out in a blind but his dad was sitting with him..probably would kill more turkeys using a blind myself but feel odd sitting in one.

TTG

Do yourself a favor and don't watch Small Town Hunting or Strut Commander. I don't think I've seen them kill a bird without a strutter decoy on a stick. Saw one where they were bragging about shooting a bird at like 80 yards with TSS too.

Kansan

I couldn't agree more. I never miss an episode of THP, and I'm watching Pinhoti right now!

BKnisley

:agreed: Pinhoti has been one of my favorites so far. Going to check out mossy's grand slam series here quick too and see what that's about.