Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best turkey call(could be anytype) that you lost in the field?

Started by deerpoo22, February 22, 2019, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double B

Just a few 2 piece strikers here and there but did lose a Quaker boy push pin likely left by a tree on out of state hunt years ago.  Did find a primos lucky striker at the base of a tree last year on public so it evens out sometimes   :icon_thumright:
Followed by buzzards

yelpaholic

lost my favorite White feather diamondwood striker several years ago , moved 3 or 4 times on a henned up gobbler lost the striker and didn't kill the bird.  spent several hundred dollars on strikers still haven't found one I like as much.  BTW if anyone has a White feather diamond wood striker with the scratch pad hollow in the end of it ill buy it..lol

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I have lost one striker. I dropped a mouth call on a hunt and went back several days later to look for it. I knew where the tree was I set up by. I found the mouth call, a pittman, then called in the biggest gob I have ever shot. The mouth call was already dry rotted. I have it on the pedestal of that mount. True story.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Takeaim1st

Camp calls,  ( Doug Camp ). Screaming Hen. The next season I had replaced it with a Quaker boy  mini boat paddle, somehow I managed to lose it also  in the same area. The mini boat paddle call just happened to be very high pitched and that is what I wanted. So,I then purchased two more of the Quaker boy mini boat paddle calls , I was in hopes of getting another extremely  high pitched  call, like the first one that I had purchased but, that was not to be. I then called the Company and asked to speak to someone about a call, lo and behold Dick Kirby Himself took the call. We chatted, He sent me a call that was as I had described to Him. He had drawn a gjobbler on the side of it and a remark that said, " Custom crafted for Steve, Your friend Dick Kirby. 2001 ". I can only draw the conclusion from that experience that He cared about His customers and fellow Turkey Hunters. Honestly, the first gobbler I worked with that call came in . It just so happened that I had taken a childhood friend with me that day and, was calling for Him. The gobbler came in and was on the opposite side of a blackberry patch from us, it was only about twenty yards from us but, it would not budge from that position for a good 20/30 minutes, meanwhile that bird gobbled so many times that I expected Him to lose His voice. Finally , after what seemed like an eternity the bird started to backtrack and leave. When He made that move He exposed Himself just enough for my friend to take a shot. I couldn't  see what happened at the time of the shot but I jumped up to retrieve  the bird however I couldn't  find Him, My friend had seen the bird go down but, it had flopped over a bank and my friend had lost sight of the bird. I searched down a draw for about 60 yards and finally found the gobbler. That gobbler was mounted and now hangs on my friends wall. I apologize for the long winded reply. Maybe it will be entertaining to some of you fellows.

land cruiser

David Halloran's box call, called a bird in, shot it and ran to stump the flop leaving the call on the ground. Came back a week layer and it was gone. I hope whoever got it has a lot of luck with it, it was a nice call

Sixes

Left a Mabry slate call and striker along with a Burris FF3 rain cover out in west Texas in a bunch of mesquite. Got in a hurry and just left them like a dummy

Zilla

My favorite striker. A 20 year old Ted "Pete" Peters laminate.

TauntoHawk

Lost my two favorite strikers last year on different hunts. Found one of them a week later the other I lost out of state. Anyone got a spare Lyman dylumax?

I once dropped a good SS box call and left a gobbling bird to go back and look for it. Killed a different bird later that day with that same box after I found it.

And I've broken 2 pot calls by dropping one and fall on the other while also breaking a bone in my wrist.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Southernroostgc

Lost my Harrison hoot-n-stick last year somewhere and never to be found again, had to buy a new one.

Sir-diealot

Stopped walking with a cane about 2 years ago but still fall from time to time and I fell last year and lost my purple heart striker that I really like on my crystal call. Have a new one on the way from a trade I made and the new one is a Stuckey.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Big Jeremy

I've lost a few strikers through the years, but thankfully not one of my favorites. BUT, I did lose a Wendell Rye "Lights Out Calls" anodized aluminum in canarywood on a hunt, and it sang like an opera phenom. Tried for hours to retrace my steps, but I had been on quite the escapade chasing a bird, and it never turned up. Really miss that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ctrize

callmakerman

Scotch brite pads and a wenge striker. Almost lost  a long box made by my friend Gary Bonofsky on a fall hunt. Took my vest off to lose my jacket as it was getting warm and the LB fell out of the vest and didn't realize it till we were ready to drop down off the hill. Needless to say we went back looking as I was sick to think it was gone. My friend Vic knowing his land as he does ended up finding the call laying on the ground in it's camo bag. I was one happy camper. Still missing a cane call made by Gary and not sure what happened with that. Still hurts losing that one.

Yoder409

Almost hate to reply to this one.............and knocking on wood as I type.............. I've never lost a call or striker or anything call related in the woods.  I've left calls or something else sitting by a tree.  But have always been able to go straight back to it and scooped it up.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.