OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

turkeys in alabama?

Started by bigthunderchicken, April 27, 2011, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigthunderchicken

anyone else having problems in east central alabama?
Chase

ericjames

yep but they will gobble good the next few days wiyh this cool weather

bigthunderchicken

Chase

bowhunter84

it's been a very tough season for me. hardly any gobbling where i hunt.

Lon0121

man,
you guys are having some perty bad weather to boot down that way to right?. 
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

bigthunderchicken

Chase

ericjames

I have not heard a lot gobble this year but when I found one that wanted to play I tried to take advantage of it. I am waiting on one right now that gobbles pretty regular but its on the property line and I am just gonna sit here and see if I can close the deal . The way this wind just started blowing I might not hear him anymore today I heard 4 this morning but everything always shuts up when this one starts,good luck to everyone for the rest of there season.

mmusso

hunted around Talladega and Ohatchee last Saturday and birds were on fire there all day til we had to leave at noon...  :anim_25:

Basser69

I hunt over around kellyton and it has been tough year. Not a lot of gobbling at all. I am not really sure what is up with them

cahaba

Central Alabama have not heard a gobble in 3 weeks. I killed one blind calling and he never said a word.

bigthunderchicken

i hunt in crawford and tough aint the word.
Chase

harleytomms

It was a tough year in MS too. Birds not very vocal at all. Hunted in AL all of last year and was on birds nearly every day I hunted. Sorry for your bad luck, but was beginning to wonder if it was just where I was. Oh well, there's always next year. Maybe a lot of these birds will be around next year and will talk a bit more. Hang in there. :agreed:

bigthunderchicken

well now that i havent killed on this year i will be on a mission next year. we are starting next week on preparations. If i dont get one next year im selling my stuff and taking up crappy fishing.
Chase