turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEED HELP!

Started by bigthunderchicken, April 27, 2011, 06:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigthunderchicken

Turkey tracks are everywhere but i never hear them gobble or come to calling. whats wrong?
Chase

guesswho

They either don't like what they see or hear, or their preoccupied.   If your seeing plenty of tracks just stick with it, it'll happen sooner or later.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

bigthunderchicken

They arent even gobbling on the roost this year. Earlier in the year I saw some turkeys but now nothing. I did see a hen in the road dusting today but the gobblers just arent gobbling. Any suggestions on how to hunt these birds?
Chase

TauntoHawk

archery style.... Sit and wait in the highest traffic area you can find..

fields or pastures

decoys might work some if they get within seeing distance and dont over call and get aggressive. if they birds arent talking much than over calling will only hurt you ( really hard to change a gobblers mood if he's not feeling talkative anyways)
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bigthunderchicken

thanks. I have seen 3 foxes, 1 stray dog, and a coyote in 4 days could that have anything to do with it?
Chase

Ruger M77

Quote from: bigthunderchicken on April 27, 2011, 08:16:42 PM
thanks. I have seen 3 foxes, 1 stray dog, and a coyote in 4 days could that have anything to do with it?
Im sure they dont help
I eat therefore I hunt

cannonball

Quote from: bigthunderchicken on April 27, 2011, 08:16:42 PM

Maybe. Did their bellies look full or were they coughing up feathers?

Cutt

Possibly, too many hens?

bigthunderchicken

could be i saw another fox again today. i saw a hen dusting yesterday.
Chase