Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good Shotgun Scope---What One___(INPUT PLEASE)

Started by gatrapper, February 11, 2011, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Whats a good shotgun scope from this list?

A lot of folks seem to like the 1st Bushnell and it has a lifetime warranty.  Also I have heard good things about the Nikon Prostaff shotgun scope. 

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?tabId=10&categoryId=11393&categoryString=657***
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

longbow59

I just got a Leupold nwtf 1-4x20mm off of ebay 200.00 free shipping. It is great reticle and good optics.

nstrut

i use a red dot  truglo and a old tasco rred dot

old frank

I can't get the Midway link to open to look at your list. I have not used it on a turkey shotgun but I have this Bushnell on a slug gun and two muzzle loaders. I think it would work well for turkeys too.

It has a 6" eye relief and a Circle X inside the crosshairs which should make aiming on a turkey easy.

Mine have held up to hard kicking loads and a friend has one on his 870 slug gun also and has had no problems.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bush-rs-bnr-711436.html

knightrider

Quote from: longbow59 on February 13, 2011, 09:56:44 AM
I just got a Leupold nwtf 1-4x20mm off of ebay 200.00 free shipping. It is great reticle and good optics.
if your gonna go scope do it right :agreed:

PureGold

TScottW99

Leupold 1-4x20mm.  American made  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an , Lifetime warranty, great scopes.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

TWOWITHONE

Simmons Pro Diamond. Look at them all and decide. Ive had mine 4 at least 10 yrs now and no problems. :firefighter:

runngun

Nikon monarch turkey pro have has mine for a long time no problems.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

WyoHunter

I've got two Bushnell 1 3/4x-4x shotgun scopes with the Circle reticle. Both have given me good service.  :icon_thumright: :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

bencattin

Simmons Pro Diamond 4 power scope for me. Put it on last year and so far so good.  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
IF TURKEYS COULD SMELL WE WOULD NEVER KILL ONE!

gobbler336

another vote for the leupold nwtf 1x4.   i had a tasco but after a couple of seasons it had to be resighted in every year.

Hognutz

Leupold if you like traditional scopes, or Aimpoint or Burris if you like a red dot.. :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

dpittman

something to consider very seriously is eye relief. Especialyy if you are shooting a pump. All the pumps have a reputation for kicking hard with turkey loads. A scope with 3-4 inches is just not enough. I have the 6" ER bushnell banner 1.75-4 and with a stout 3.5" it can still hit you in the head. For the money the bushnell seems to do OK considering the punishing recoil. It is the only scope I could find that had at least 5" ER. The only downside is the FOV is a little small but to be expected with the extended ER.