OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

best 20 gauge pb loads

Started by Luke95, April 27, 2011, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

Thats good to know.  As far as a reasonably priced choke for a 20gauge I think they are excellent if anyone runs across one.  I'm happy with mine!

dawei

Quote from: Fastcat on April 29, 2011, 10:12:18 PM
Thats good to know.  As far as a reasonably priced choke for a 20gauge I think they are excellent if anyone runs across one.  I'm happy with mine!
Me too!

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Fastcat

Correction!  I patterned my 20 yesterday and I'm using Winchester XX not HV's.  I was confused because they say SUPREME on the shell and Double X on the box. They are 1 and a quarter oz and they pattern very well!

dawei

Quote from: Fastcat on May 08, 2011, 04:58:55 PM
Correction!  I patterned my 20 yesterday and I'm using Winchester XX not HV's.  I was confused because they say SUPREME on the shell and Double X on the box. They are 1 and a quarter oz and they pattern very well!
What shot size, #4 or #5?

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Fastcat

Double X Supreme #5s. Wal-mart has them for under 8 bucks!

dawei

Quote from: Fastcat on May 09, 2011, 09:29:00 PM
Double X Supreme #5s. Wal-mart has them for under 8 bucks!
That is one load I have not patterned; I will have to try some!

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Luke95

Shooting winchester xx magnums in my sumtoy .562 wad controlling choke.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Sumtoy Get Choked

IowaNate

Bought some of the Winchester Supreme XX #5's (X203XCT5) from Mal-Wart myself. At less than $0.80 per shell, I couldn't resist buying a box. Can't wait to pattern them!
Lead shooter for life! Know your gun, know your shell, pattern multiple times, know your effective distance, and practice the calls...and the Pb #4's will put 'em down everytime!

BrowningGuy88

It all depends on your pattern and comfort further out. I have killed a couple at 50 with my 20 and Remington 5's, but no more. I will not shoot past 35 anymore because under field conditions I cannot judge to the .001 yard how far he actually is and as pumped and out of breath as I get about a gobbler, I can't keep it all together everytime past 35 with the 20.

Daman

dawei

Quote from: slickyboyboo on June 20, 2011, 02:44:13 PMHastings chokes are still being made and are avaliable by the original manufacturer. They have a website, but if you don't see what you are looking for on there, give them a call and they should be able to get you fixed up.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,4536.msg56459.html#msg56459
The original Hastings® 20ga Extended Non-Ported Turkey chokes were offered in the following five diameters......
• .578"
• .574"
• .570"  (I have this choke [Invector®])
• .566"
• .562"

The current Hastings® 20ga Turkey chokes are only offered for Remington®, and in only one diameter; .562". Look here please............
http://www.kebcollc.com/cart/store.php?crn=235&rn=633&action=show_detail

David

1. Jesus Christ.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Longshanks

Switched to a hevi choke .573 in my beretta 390 and the patterns are killer inside 40 yds with Win XX 5's. Big difference from my Pure Gold .570

surehuntsalot

Quote from: dawei on June 20, 2011, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: slickyboyboo on June 20, 2011, 02:44:13 PMHastings chokes are still being made and are avaliable by the original manufacturer. They have a website, but if you don't see what you are looking for on there, give them a call and they should be able to get you fixed up.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,4536.msg56459.html#msg56459
The original Hastings® 20ga Extended Non-Ported Turkey chokes were offered in the following five diameters......
• .578"
• .574"
• .570"  (I have this choke [Invector®])
• .566"
• .562"

The current Hastings® 20ga Turkey chokes are only offered for Remington®, and in only one diameter; .562". Look here please............
http://www.kebcollc.com/cart/store.php?crn=235&rn=633&action=show_detail

I just  picked up a .570 Hastings choke for my Rem.870 youth a couple of weeks ago
it's not the harvest,it's the chase