turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sumtoy is the best!

Started by Big Jeremy, April 28, 2024, 06:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin Hollow

I am running his choke on my tristar 410.  Killed two turkeys with it this year.  It is easily a 40 yard gun.

310 gauge

Tried a couple different chokes and then tried Sumtoy. Own three of William's now!

BDeal

Quote from: Kyle_Ott on May 16, 2024, 08:53:40 PM
Quote from: BDeal on May 14, 2024, 10:40:53 AMHow tight is the 562 with TSS #9's at 20 Yards?

I'm a miss them clean or kill them kind of guy. 

562-5 puts out a 6" pattern at 20 yards.

That's about what mine measures with a Carlson .565. I would like it a little tighter.

Mabren2

I bought 2 chokes for my 12 gauge Invector+ last year. 665 and 675, I believe. They patterned well, and the 665 was the one that made the cut for my TSS barrel (I'm shooting an over/under). I tested several chokes and loads, and the Sumtoy was great.  However, at the end of the season when I went to clean the gun I couldn't get the choke out of the barrel. I thought it had seized, which I couldn't understand because I used lube every time I changed chokes during patterning.  I didn't put many rounds through it either. I had to get vice grips to twist it out. After cleaning, I tried to put back in, and it wouldn't go. My other chokes still fit fine, so I'm assuming the tube swelled. Not complaining, because I didn't seek any kind of resolution or explanation because I understand things happen. Was a little disappointed though. I will say that his willingness to answer questions and help me choose the right constriction to try was very generous. I'll keep trying the 675, and hopefully it will make it in the rotation one day,

Turkeybutt

William and his wife are good people and easy to work with.
After trying various chokes on different guns I went with Sumtoy and glad I did.