turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite OG turkey call acquisition

Started by ChesterCopperpot, Today at 06:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

In honor of the Old Hen and Dr Juice getting us squared away on Tapatalk to where we can post pictures again, what's your favorite turkey call acquisition you've ever gotten out of the classifieds on Old Gobbler. Mine is this Peck Martin tree pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

Here is one, it's an Ez Wingbone. Nothing special about the call but I made a really good friend in the trade that I talk to almost daily.

davisd9

Ricky Padgett Cocuswood with Mammoth Ivory Mouthpiece.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ScottTaulbee

Here is the other, acquired it on a trade for a vest I didn't need. I didn't need the trumpet either but the vest went to the fellow's son and I would hope someone would do it for mine. Anywho, I became friends with the member and the trumpet is the best sounding, easiest running one I've ever had. It was in my shirt pocket so long during youth season and the first couple days of our season that I wore the finish off and had to refinish it. I started my son's first turkey with it, called in a pair opening day of regular season with it, called in a guy's first long beard with it, and called the same gobbler and his harem of hens in to 65-70 yards 3 times in the same morning with it.

3bailey3

I posted a few years back that all I wanted for Chritmas was a Watkins box, I had a few replies and settled on this one, best box I own!