turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mom’s Pa Gobbler

Started by Number17, Today at 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number17

I might have finally got this to work by severely cropping my pictures.
My mom asked me to take her turkey hunting on the opener and I had the perfect spot in mind. She killed her bird right off the roost at a little after 6 AM, and three hours later I worked the second gobbler into the same location. The one I killed worked back-and-forth For three hours before committing.
Her turkey showed up right off the roost but was a little hesitant to commit, and when several hens came into the field he was about to walk away and go towards them. I gave them my rendition of a squealing hen on my EZ wing bone, and he popped into full strut and ran right at us.

24lb 9.5" beard 1.25" spurs
20.4lb 9.5" beard 1.25" spurs

I've heard more complaints about our season starting late and how the season is over before even begins. I love it. Give me lonely gobblers all season long.
Hunt #2 Longbeard #2 & #3 down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Number17

This is ridiculous. Again no pics!
The same exact pic shows up in the Pa Opener thread. Why not on posts I create?
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Number17

Try again
........nope

If you'd like to see one of the pics go to the Pa Opener thread. I tried adding more pics there and even though the pics are accepted I get an "Empty Content" message when i hit reply.

#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

WV Flopper

I am with you on the timing of your season. When WV moved ours up a week a lot of guys lost a week of good hunting. Then they added a week back on the end. I would like to see it brought in third week of April again.

Try posting your initial post and pictures through Tapatalk. I have had no issue doing so, I use the middle size option for pics.

Number17

Tapatalk used to work that way for me, it no longer gives me an option to resize. Also every single time I tried to post directly through this site it says my session has timed out and it makes me go back in and repost a second time. Somethings not right
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Number17

Try again?

#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Number17

That's the message I get every time
#Gun