OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in Oregon

Started by Dougas, May 03, 2024, 09:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougas

Opening day public land 4-15-2024 filled my tag calling in three gobblers and shooting the biggest one after fly down. Nothing remarkable about the hunt or the bird, except he had 2 beards.

Following Saturday same public land, filled my tag after spending the day with a gobbler and his hens that remained in the middle of a herd of about 40 elk. Cat and mouse after they finally parted ways. Only remarkable thing about the bird is that he is the smoke gray phase I have been seeing on my scouting trips.

The next day,Sunday I filled my final tag by calling him in shortly after fly down on private property. Nothing remarkable about the hunt or the bird.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Vintage

Badger

Badger

Congrats on your OR season.

Dougas

Thanks everyone. Now I am dealing with the fact that I'm done hunting so soon. I sometimes have my grandson and buddy Paul to help out, but grandson is getting married soon and I don't want to take him away from his family during this time and Paul is retired now and hunts during the week.

appalachianassassin

You make that sound quite unremarkable  :angel9:

Dougas

Yeah, you got me there. ;D  The hunt with the smoke phase one was somewhat remarkable in that they were in with a herd of elk. Since turkeys are the elk of the gamebird world, it seemed fitting.