OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No season

Started by Sir-diealot, May 01, 2024, 01:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

So I had been hoping but kinda knew the foot was not doing well and the past week it has really been swelling up a lot and has not been very comfortable to walk on. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow because the pain has not been like this in quite some time and that worries me. I truly do believe I am going to lose that foot at some point, I just hope it is not any time soon.

The other problem and the icing on the cake is my GF has been having some issues since her stroke in Sept. and breaking her hip in February and I had somebody over here to try to get some help with caring for her because my body is really breaking down from it and while the person was here my GF started asking about stair cases that do not exist going to rooms that do not exit and I had to try to get her to realize she was mistaken which did not go the best. I do not feel the greatest leaving her on her own not that that is the only reason I have decided not to hunt, the other listed above.

I ask you guys to pray for her, she and the dog are my world and I do not want to end up in a situation where she has to go to a nursing home, I gave her my word years ago it would not happen but at this point I am terrified that is where things are going, I am just to broken to do her much good anymore and I hate myself for it. I can't even take the dog for a walk anymore and am paying somebody to do that a few times a month.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Your a good man Steve. Prayers for all of you. Be safe, heal well. God Bless you all.
"Solo hunter"

Ranman

Prayers for you from Louisiana!

Treerooster

I am bummed for you. I'll be pulling for you and your's.

aclawrence

I'm so sorry to hear your having problems with your foot again.  I've been frustrated lately because the driveshaft in my truck is messed up and I'm having to use my dads truck for hunting and its a 2wd, and doesn't have a stereo, and blah blah blah.  After seeing post like this it's a good reminder to be thankful for my good health and not to get hung up on the other stuff.  1 Peter 2:24 says He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.  By His wounds you have been healed.  I pray you and your girlfriend experience His healing power in your situations.   

Lcmacd 58

Prayers sent from Illinois

RutnNStrutn

Very sorry to hear this Steve. :'(  Some days you just can't seem to catch a break. I'll be praying for both of you.🙏🏼 :bible: 

Sir-diealot

Thanks everyone, I do appreciate it. Thanks especially for the prayers,  they mean a lot. Sorry I am not replying individually,  I'm quite tired tonight and heading to bed shortly. LOL guess I am tired, I dropped the phone between L & Y in shortly because I fell asleep. Good night everyone.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Zobo

Praying for you
both🙏🙏
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Clif Owen

Steve, I hope things get better for you.

Guys, it's easy to focus on how things are going for yourself and get down. Just remember that someone else has worse problems. I've been unable to get out and do anything for a little over a month now. I was pretty upset that I was going to miss turkey season. As much because I was on a team in the contest and knew I couldn't contribute as anything else. But I believe that once my leg heals; I will be fine and am so grateful that it wasn't worse. I do wish I had realized I had a problem sooner but can't fix that now.
Steve, we will continue to keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

NCL

Steve,

Sending good thoughts your way. Hopefully you are past the worst and tomorrow is a better.

GregGwaltney

Sending prayers your way Steve, sure hope things in your life return to normal.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

Cut N Run

Feel better, Steve.  I'm thinking healing thoughts for you and your GF.

Sorry to hear you might not get in the woods this Spring. 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Sir-diealot

Thank you gentleman, not hearing gobbles at 5:45 in the morning while sitting in the woods is a heart breaker, but I have been through much worse over the years, this too shall pass. I was able to get a picture going into a property with the Mennonite I drive, taking him places and going to the store are the only times I leave the house right now other than church when I make it. I miss shooting the critters with my camera more than I do my gun believe it or not.

The person is coming back tomorrow to try to finish the interview with my GF hopefully that goes well. My GF does not want them to get involved with handling her money but I want them to because I just don't like handing another persons money, every time I buy something at the stores with her cash I am questioning myself, I have seen lots of former friends take advantage of their woman and steal from them and I don't want to be accused of that and more than that I don't want to be that, I hate those guys.

@Cliff you keep fighting, you will get there, it does take time, often more than we want but don't do yourself more harm that good by being a lunkhead and going against doctors orders.

John Koenig:

Spring Creek Calls

Hang in there Steve, we're all pulling for you!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com