turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

As seasons end what is next

Started by eggshell, May 19, 2024, 04:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiLL B

Found enough suicidal gobblers to get me through this year. Fixing to start planting summer food for the deer and turkeys and vacations with Wifey. And some fishing. Just passing the time till next year.

appalachianassassin

I've got 130 hives of honeybees to keep my mind occupied

Muzzy61

Family beach vacation sandwiched in between installing new Kitchen cabinets and new floors. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Kygobblergetter

Scratching and clawing to hunt as much until the very end. Once that is done I will go back to work and catch up on house chores my wife has been nagging about. As soon as I'm done hunting, I start running creeks fishing for smallmouth pretty often. It helps me to get over turkey season a little bit. But I still have some hunting to do before all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Catch up on everything I have neglected during season, home renovation projects at both my house and my kids' new places,  actually show up to my job everyday, get back into the gym, and just live life. I have plenty to keep me busy.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

zelmo1

I will hunt Maine every wednesday and saturday till June 1st. I cant complain about my season. Helped my buddy Gerry kill his first 2(on opening day), got the white one. Shot 2 nice birds in NH and one was a double with my wife. The double was her limit, both on that day. Her first year with 2 toms and first time she got 2 in a day. Gooserbat(Sam) and Cuz came up here and got some birds and we had a good time. Missed out in Florida but it was a memorable time and got to meet Mike Robare and Doc Weddle there. All in all, a great season so far. I will move on to deer and duck blinds and a lot of paddling to get ready for the duck season. There will be a fishing rod while paddling, lol. Z

Tom007

Catch up on "Honey Do List", Musky and Trout fly fishing, Golf, Mountain Bike Riding. Next target, Deer Season! Enjoy and be safe!
"Solo hunter"

PalmettoRon

Hi, my name is Ron and I'm a turkey hunter.

After 31 days hunting for myself and with others and with 3 more days to go, do whatever my wife wants.

She's been very understanding about my problem.

ferocious calls

Going to spread Ferocious calls from Virginia to South Dakota, and then some. Backscratchers as well. 

Bigger garden this year with triple the beets.

squidd

Honey Do's, summer vacations, trout/snapper fish, gator/duck/dove/deer/snipe hunt, make duck decoys and dream about next spring!!

LakeBilly440

Work in the garden, honey do list, and chase northern pike

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

eggshell

I like them flatheads too. I usually only keep one a year to butcher, usually around 20 pounds. When I was a young man they were my turkeys. I lived to trot line big flatheads. They were our other freezer meat. We were just poor dirt farmers living in a flood plain back when I was a kid, but man we eat good. Fresh garden veggies, canned goods, a freezer full of grass fed beef, chicken, rabbits, squirrel and flatheads. I would work all day on the farm and fish half the night. I'd probably fall over dead today if I lived that hard.

They don't get as big here as down south, but we get a lot in the 30s and a few 40+. I caught 8 on light tackle Saugeye jigging last fall. A 20 pound flathead on a 5 ft light rod is a hoot. I think the biggest of those was around 25, but I got a 39 pounder jigging in the spring. I turned them all loose.