OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The wingbone conundrum

Started by samsonwilliams, Today at 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samsonwilliams

How do y'all carry your wingbone in the field? I thought about making a lanyard for it, to double in displaying it with the turkey it came from, but though having a white thing dangling from my chest wouldn't be smart. Should I keep it in my pocket when hunting?

davisd9

I wear it in a lanyard around my neck and tuck it in a pocket or in my shirt/leafy top to keep it from bouncing around as I move.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Muzzy61

Quote from: davisd9 on Today at 06:28:57 AMI wear it in a lanyard around my neck and tuck it in a pocket or in my shirt/leafy top to keep it from bouncing around as I move.

^^^
Same here
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

squidd

Same here, lanyard and tuck.

Keep one in backpack as well, for a different sound if needed.

mountainhunter1

Banded makes an awesome lightweight technical turkey button up shirt with great pockets - one of which on the right side of the shirt is magnetic and after putting the lanyard around one's neck, you can tuck the wingbone/trumpet call into that magnetic pocket. Any pocket would suffice to do the same, but that magnetic pocket makes for being able to get to it quick and not having to full around with a button or velcro in the heat of battle.

Regardless - The absolutely best (safest) place you can carry a wingbone/trumpet is around your neck on a lanyard. And you always have fast and easy access to it as well. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

Glenda Green will make you a lanyard camo Bottomland pouch to put a wingbone call into...

ChesterCopperpot

Wingbones and Jordans tend to go in striker holders for me, trumpets on a lanyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk