turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Worse than...

Started by Gobbler2577, February 19, 2019, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbler2577

Can anyone guess what is worse than not getting a new choke from sumtoy in the mail??

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Jeremy66

getting a damaged one....?

Gobbler2577

Ok so maybe that was a stupid question.  I was going to say getting a new choke with up to 9 inches of rain predicted over the next 4 days and having to wait to try it out. 

3bailey3

same here I got his mount a few weeks ago and got my FF3 mounted but the weather has been terrible and doesn't look good anytime soon 

Jeremy66

I hear ya there.  I have a few new combinations Ive been wanting to try out but the weather doesn't want to cooperate.  Its either 30 and sunny or 50 and rain.

nyhunter

come to NY all ya need are your snow shoes, extreme cold weather parka and Bibs, -2000 below rated boots, arctic mitten's, and your all ready to pattern your gun.  :character0029:

robertreed711

Quote from: nyhunter on February 19, 2019, 04:17:17 PM
come to NY all ya need are your snow shoes, extreme cold weather parka and Bibs, -2000 below rated boots, arctic mitten's, and your all ready to pattern your gun.  :character0029:

Add rain gear to the list!

captpete

Come to Iowa. We have had 48" of snow so far this year....22" of that just in February. We are suppose to get another 4"-6"(possible 8") tonight with another storm coming Saturday and next Monday. The temps haven't been to bad lately...been in the low to mid 20's for highs.

tracker#1

Gobbler2577

Ok.  My apologies to you northern folks dealing with snow and cold.  I'll take rain any day. 

2eagles

Quote from: captpete on February 19, 2019, 06:34:19 PM
Come to Iowa. We have had 48" of snow so far this year....22" of that just in February. We are suppose to get another 4"-6"(possible 8") tonight with another storm coming Saturday and next Monday. The temps haven't been to bad lately...been in the low to mid 20's for highs.
All that and this Iowa boy just had a under the road water main break in front of my house today. The city says they will work on it tomorrow, but we live in a small town and I think most of the city guys will be plowing the predicted 6-8 inches of new snow.

captpete

Quote from: Gobbler2577 on February 19, 2019, 07:45:48 PM
Ok.  My apologies to you northern folks dealing with snow and cold.  I'll take rain any day. 

No apologies needed...9" of rain wouldn't be any fun either. It does suck when you get a new toy and can't play with it.

captpete

Quote from: 2eagles on February 19, 2019, 09:42:13 PM
Quote from: captpete on February 19, 2019, 06:34:19 PM
All that and this Iowa boy just had a under the road water main break in front of my house today. The city says they will work on it tomorrow, but we live in a small town and I think most of the city guys will be plowing the predicted 6-8 inches of new snow.

That sucks!  I'm one of those "City Guys" and yes I will be sitting a truck starting at 4AM....glad I don't have to deal with water main breaks! For the last 3 weeks I've either been driving a truck plowing / hauling snow or working on equipment so it's ready for the next round of snow. In the last week I have put in right at 25hrs. of overtime.