turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

shurshot stock

Started by WW, January 24, 2019, 01:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I'm going to order one for my 870 youth 20 gauge.  I see a lot of guys adding optics of some type to their guns with this stock, but I only want the factory bead on mine. For those of you that have tried the shurshot, do you like it?

Rapscallion Vermilion

I like the ShurShot stock on my 870.  The ShurShot's high comb works well with an optic.  For some, depending on build and cheekbones, it may be too high to sight along the rib to use the bead effectively. 

jordanz7935

I wouldnt recommend the shurshot stock for shooting the bead. Stock has a high comb made for shooting optics. Id give it a try if you had some fiber optic sights that sit on the rib such as williams firesights or truglo's. And yes, i really like the shurshot stock on my 870 20 ga. It makes holding the gun up so much easier when tucked against a tree waiting on tom.

WW

Is there another pistol grip stock that would be good for using the bead only?

davisd9

The ATI would fit but may be a little wider than the receiver, 1/16" or so on each side. I put one on my 500 20 ya and it shoots bead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sswv

I love mine but had to adjust it a wee bit for a clearer site picture with the beads but it's a VERY simple task.

WW

Quote from: sswv on January 24, 2019, 02:50:29 PM
I love mine but had to adjust it a wee bit for a clearer site picture with the beads but it's a VERY simple task.

What did you have to do to "adjust" it?

Greg Massey

Never had a problem with seeing my bead with the shurshot or optic ....  I've has less of a problem with the shurshot than my thumb in the way getting down on the regular stock and bead ....

SteelerFan

I love the Shurshot on my youth Rem 20 - BUT there is no way I could shoot a bead only. I see way too much rib, if I can even get down on it.

Like mentioned, if you don't want to go optic - you could always put on some clamp rifle sites on the rib.

sswv

hey WW.  the end that fits to the receiver.....I used a rasp to file a slight angle on it to drop it down in the rear.  amazing what a very slight angle did for site picture. also, you can use shims but I personally don't care for them. doesn't take much so do a wee bit at a time to get it where you're happy. I'm getting ready to do another for my 1100 LT20 magnum turkey special.

WW

Do any of you fellas that added the stocks to your 870 youth 20 gauges, have a forearm that you'd want to sell? I need just the factory forearm.

skimerhorn

I wouldn't use the shur shot if I wasn't using a red dot, cant get my head down good with it

MK M GOBL

Put it on my 1187 and love it!!

Have a buddy that put these truglo pro series on his, as he didn't want a scope but wanted the ShurShot

MK M GOBL

Grouse870

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/pump-action/model-870/870-side-folder
So this stock should be available soon from Remington it has a super cell recoil pad and takes versamax/v3 cheek pieces. It is a folder but it has potential. Buying the gun (either 12 or 20) and putting a 21" vent rib barrel on it wouldn't be a bad idea especially since it's already drilled and tapped either. Just another option

nyhunter

I have a Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock on my 870, you could use the beads with it