OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

JellyHead Maximam .570

Started by KyScott, February 06, 2019, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyScott

Hey guys I'm building an 870 20 for my wife and was wondering if anybody has any experience with this choke with tss 9's. I've always been a fan of the original Jellyheads (have 2) and with what I've seen other than the Sumtoy .562 everybody leans somewhere between .565 to .575. With the new JellyHead for Remington coming in at .570 it seems like a good option with the price point it can be found for which is around $40 or so. Is there something about it that causes it not to pattern well? I don't have a problem buying one just to try but thought if someone had some insight it would save me some trouble including trying to resale it in the classified. Also she will have a reflex sight but still want somewhat of a forgiving pattern because even though she's a great shot she absolutely gets tore up. Lol thanks ahead for the help and take care.

nmsshooter

I have one in my sx3 with handload 9 tss
Great hunting pattern. Can't remember the exact count but it's good. Also have th ic 555, ausome pattern but core heavy.
I bought one for my 870 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet

KyScott

Quote from: nmsshooter on February 14, 2019, 07:15:23 AM
I have one in my sx3 with handload 9 tss
Great hunting pattern. Can't remember the exact count but it's good. Also have th ic 555, ausome pattern but core heavy.
I bought one for my 870 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet

Thanks man!