OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Billy Buice Osage Orange #800

Started by Goblen, January 20, 2019, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblen

Bought my first trumpet form Billy at Unicoi. I hope to get lucky enough to find one that likes this call as much as I do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Great call! I started with a #4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Goblen

Quote from: davisd9 on January 20, 2019, 07:34:48 PM
Great call! I started with a #4

Billy suggested for me to start with a #4.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chris O

Great call Billy told me his son hunts a lot of different states and has killed close to 60 turkeys in the last 5 or 6 years and has killed 85% with an Osage trumpet

nitro

Osage Buice calls are fantastic. Good luck with yours. This one belonged to my mentor and has called in a bunch of birds for me. He only hunted with it one season before cancer took him from us.

It is one of my most cherished calls.
Royal Slam 2008

gergg

Beautiful calls guys, Billy builds an awesome trumpet, fun talking shop with him too.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

KentuckyHeadhunter

Congrats...only trumpet you'd ever need right there.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, I hope to have one of his one day.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

chefrific

Congrats on a good one from one of the best!  A proven killer.  My osage made from an old fence post from Billy has a permanent spot in my vest.  It's cool how osage colors up with age. 

paboxcall

Quote from: chefrific on January 22, 2019, 11:48:01 AM
Congrats on a good one from one of the best!  A proven killer.  My osage made from an old fence post from Billy has a permanent spot in my vest.  It's cool how osage colors up with age.

Agreed - congrats on a killer trumpet.

My Buice osage looks just like Nitro's picture, it really darkened over the last few years. And my osage Buice goes everywhere with me when I chase turkeys.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

mgm1955

Dukejb

The Merriams turkeys out here responded better to my Osage trumpet from Mr. Buice than anything last year. My only problem was closing the last 20 yards or so because I hadn't learned to get quiet on it yet. When I visited with Mr. Buice in November he told me that was one of the most common errors with trumpets. Needless to say I've been working on getting quiet ever since then. They are remarkably versatile calls.

GSUTURK98

Can't go wrong with a trumpet from Mr. Billy! 

A shop visit is a must if you're ever near Canton, Ga