OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what's your best 2 sounding pot calls?

Started by chufagold, January 19, 2019, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEte_A

Quote from: paboxcall on January 19, 2019, 05:52:16 PM
A 3.25" glass/glass in cherry I made, and the Perfection Screamin' Demon II in a corian pot. A very, very close 3rd place photo finish is Tuscarora Mountain Jake Taker slate/glass.

So jealous of this! I would love to have made one of my favorite calls. I've never made one, but maybe some day!

MK M GOBL

If you're talking what kills birds for me, then no contest my CODY World Class Slate has been the end of more turkeys than any/all other calls I have owned. 

and 2nd would be my SPEC 1 Legend.

MK M GOBL

Spitten and drummen

I have too many to say i have 2 that are better than all my others. I really like my laminated mahoe / zebrawood bronze glass over aluminum and my platz glass over aluminum in zebrawood .
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Pooh4459

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 19, 2019, 08:24:49 PM
I have too many to say i have 2 that are better than all my others. I really like my laminated mahoe / zebrawood bronze glass over aluminum and my platz glass over aluminum in zebrawood .

Who makes your bronzed glass ?

3bailey3

Tony Reynolds Carolina assassin and Lonzos acrylic aluminum!

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Pooh4459 on January 19, 2019, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 19, 2019, 08:24:49 PM

Who makes your bronzed glass ?

Brad roberts made it back when he had some.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Happy hooker

Browning87

Mark Cornelius blue mahoe glass/slate
Clint Corder Osage glass/slate

wchadw

Brad Roberts green slate/cedar
Corder glass in Osage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

I have a lot of good ones and this is a very tough question I wouldn't want to only have 2 pots but these 2 are hard to beat a footballer crystal over aluminum in tigerwood and a Mike Yingling cast cactus Titanium over slate

EZ

I have so many good ones that I don't think I could pick two favorites, they're all so close. They all see vest time on a rotational basis. Just received some calls from Travis Wyatt (twyatt) that are absolutely going in my vest. A crystal/ glass in a cherry pot and a ceramic/ glass in a Padauk pot gave me a huge smile as well as a slate/ glass in a walnut pot.

Goes without saying that the bar for what goes in my vest is pretty darn high.

vt35mag

The two pots I don't want to go in the woods without.

Brad Roberts Cedar Green Slate
Stumpy Sycamore Ceramic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

fmf

I have quite a few great sounding glass calls, mostly hand turned beautiful pots.....but if I had to give away every glass call that I own and only keep 2, they are both plastic.  1.  A Prairie game calls plastic pot.  9 of my 10 largest birds have fallen to pot calls, of those 9 seven have been from that prairie pot.  I don't see them on his website any longer, but I like that call so much that several years ago I bought a spare in case I lose or break that call.  I wouldn't take $400 either of them.   2.  Don't laugh, but its a $4 call that I bought on clearance at wal mart many years ago, an HS strut lil deuce 2.

greencop01

Al Hobart Silver Fox aluminum, and Olin Humphries Ceramic on slate laminated black cherry
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

va longbeard

Tough to narrow down to two:

Clint Corder Osage Glass over Slate - this one will always be in my vest

Brad Roberts Hackberry Green Slate - just got this one a couple of months ago and have not hunted it but it will see vest time this spring