turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Honest Opinions on Ol Tom Clothes

Started by SD_smith, January 13, 2019, 10:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

If I was you I'd buy some Gamehide Elimitick pants & shirt & don't look back. It's not cheap but I been wearing it for years & mine hasn't faded a bit & still looks great. I used to buy some of the other stuff & got tired of replacing it every few years because of the fading. I've been very impressed with the way it has held up.

fmf

I used their ibeam vest for years and enjoyed it.  My daughter now uses it.  I bought a hat that I liked OK.  I picked up one of those shirts with call pouches under the pockets and mesh in the back, with a spine pad and it is horrible.  That is the sweatiest, hottest, most uncomfortable piece of gear I own.  I think I've worn it twice, and the second time only to remind me of how much I hate it.

lowcountry

Quote from: Fdept56 on January 16, 2019, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: lowcountry on January 14, 2019, 07:35:44 PM
Go to the Mossy Oak Store and get you some pants there.  Inexpensive and they hold up. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which pants are you buying? I have a pair I've only worn a handful of times and they already have a hole in the crotch.

I get the Tibbee pants.  They are light weight and are perfect for here in SC

SD_smith

Quote from: lowcountry on January 17, 2019, 07:28:20 AM
Quote from: Fdept56 on January 16, 2019, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: lowcountry on January 14, 2019, 07:35:44 PM
Go to the Mossy Oak Store and get you some pants there.  Inexpensive and they hold up. 

Which pants are you buying? I have a pair I've only worn a handful of times and they already have a hole in the crotch.

I get the Tibbee pants.  They are light weight and are perfect for here in SC

I agree the Tibbee are cheap and very good for hot weather. I started using them in South Florida a few years ago and loved them. I will say they tended to fade out some after a couple seasons, but they were nice down there. Moved up here to SD and started wearing the thicker cotton mill set. Love both of them especially for the price.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: ARjtk on January 14, 2019, 06:43:10 PM
I don't care for the ol Tom clothing or vest but this is based on what they sold 7-8 years ago

Agreed!
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

PALongspur

Quote from: Happy on January 16, 2019, 06:50:59 PM
I just picked up some miltary grade BDU pants in bottomland for about 30 dollars a pair. They seem pretty rugged.

Is this the Tru-spec brand from Natchez?

birdhunterdave

1/4 zip pullovers have been great. Pants and I beam vest are cheap made junk!

Happy

Quote from: PALongspur on January 17, 2019, 03:19:15 PM
Quote from: Happy on January 16, 2019, 06:50:59 PM
I just picked up some miltary grade BDU pants in bottomland for about 30 dollars a pair. They seem pretty rugged.

Is this the Tru-spec brand from Natchez?
Yes sir. Made by Atlantico. Only thing I don't like is that they have a 35" inseam on the mediums so they are going to hemmed.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

kyturkeyhunter4

I bought some pants and shirts from the Mossy Oak Store off of there web site last year there nice and they hold up really well.

Old Gobbler

The pants are too thin and tear easily
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chipper

I've never tried the Ol'Tom clothing, just used what I've had for years but my wife and daughter bought me a outfit from Nomad last year that I really like. The material is pretty heavy and got a little hot toward the end of the season.

trkehunr93

Never tried anything from them, I'm sold on First Lite, Sitka and Under Armour. 

SD_smith

Quote from: trkehunr93 on January 24, 2019, 10:36:07 AM
Never tried anything from them, I'm sold on First Lite, Sitka and Under Armour.

I have a set of firstlite I use out here on the prairie for archery mule deer. Very comfortable stuff and layers very well. I'm just not of huge fan of how it looks up against trees. So for turkeys I pull for a little darker. We've been using Greenleaf in these western pines for awhile now and love it. Too bad that now everybody where's it and I can't be 1 in a million anymore! Haha

Notsoyoungturk

I have hunted in the Ol Tom pants and 1/4 zip pullover for the last 3 years.  They are on the thin side which is great for long walks and hot days, not so great on cool mornings or battling barbwire and thorns.  I actually use the striker and box call holders on the side of the pants for my reading glasses (LOL, sucks to get old) and cell phone; it is a perfect fit and very handy. 
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear