OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maxus and tss opinions?

Started by The256Trainman, January 14, 2019, 05:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The256Trainman

I have a maxus and a few different chokes that I'm fixin to run tss through for the first time. I was planning on shooting the apex 3 1/2in #9, apex small town blend 3 1/2in #7.5, 9, and the federal blends #7,9. Just looking for opinions on whether or not to try all three or try something different? Thanks in advance.

dirt road ninja

Go straight 9's. Blends are a waste of hull space IMO.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 14, 2019, 05:51:22 AM
Go straight 9's. Blends are a waste of hull space IMO.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BandedSpur

x3

And 3.5" is completely unnecessary and a waste of money. I load 1&5/8 oz in a 2.75" shell and it is way more than enough.

kwild835

Straight 9's and a Carlson's .680 in your Maxus should be awesome!  I would move down to a 3" or 2.75"  2oz load.

Gobble!

Straight #9s. IMO you lose more than you gain putting TSS #7s in a shell. If you want the most go with the 3.5" Apex #9s.

kwild835

Quote from: Gobble! on January 14, 2019, 09:17:25 AM
Straight #9s. IMO you lose more than you gain putting TSS #7s in a shell. If you want the most go with the 3.5" Apex #9s.
If ya want the most load your own, I know of a 3oz recipe. 

KyScott

Quote from: kwild835 on January 14, 2019, 01:08:31 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on January 14, 2019, 09:17:25 AM
If ya want the most load your own, I know of a 3oz recipe.

Wow didnt know there was such a thing as a 3oz load.  Poor old Gobbler  :z-guntootsmiley:

The256Trainman

Appreciate the help guys. As far as chokes go I have a few different ones that range from .664 to .670 y'all think that's to tight for #9s? I seen the non ported .680 Carlson's that I was thinking about getting and also seen the Carlson's tss choke but it comes in a .650 restriction, if it's for tss why would they make it so tight?