turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS turkey loads coming out from Kent?

Started by longbeards, December 31, 2018, 06:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards

Have heard rumor that Kent is going to make a TSS Load. Read today that Winchester will also.

Anyone know the prices or got to test any? Would love to compare them to Apex!!

SKFOOTER

I read that the shot in the Kent TSS loads were 15 gram like the old Federal Heavyweight shot. 

MS Boy

Quote from: SKFOOTER on December 31, 2018, 09:50:55 PM
I read that the shot in the Kent TSS loads were 15 gram like the old Federal Heavyweight shot.

Is that good or not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: MS Boy on December 31, 2018, 11:12:11 PM

Is that good or not ?

15g/cc vs TSS's 18g/cc. Lead is like 11.6g/cc and the Environmetal HeviShot shells are 12g/cc for reference.

Gobble!

I think theirs are called TTS (Tungsten Turkey Shotshells) vs TSS (Tungsten Super Shot).

MS Boy

Ok thanks Gobble for the info

owlhoot

Is that good or not ?

Nothing wrong with that shot , as long as they pattern. Maybe be good for those who had problems with the flight control wads? Or don't believe they need 200-300 in the 10" to kill a turkey.  The 7's hit like a hammer .

Greg Massey

I just hope they are better loads , than what they have made in the pass for turkey loads ...

jrinny

I looked at the 20ga load coming out from Kent. It is a 15 weight tungsten shot in a 1&3/8oz load of 7's . Being from NY- we are only allowed size 8 or larger. But with only 1&3/8ounce loading- there is not a lot of pellets gained versus the 18 weight tungsten with higher ounce loadings

Sir-diealot

Quote from: jrinny on January 08, 2019, 11:32:54 AM
I looked at the 20ga load coming out from Kent. It is a 15 weight tungsten shot in a 1&3/8oz load of 7's . Being from NY- we are only allowed size 8 or larger. But with only 1&3/8ounce loading- there is not a lot of pellets gained versus the 18 weight tungsten with higher ounce loadings
Yea, we have some odd rules.
                                          "You may hunt with a shotgun or handgun only when using shot no larger than #2 and no smaller than #8."
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

stinkpickle

Is that good or not ?

I'm guessing that should be good, as long as they're not using flightcontrol wads.