OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cheatham WMA?

Started by Coop1082, January 24, 2019, 09:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

This coming up spring break my wife will be getting a week and a half off of work so she's wanting to visit family in Nashville. Obviously it's right smack dead in the middle of turkey season so I've done some poking around and found that Cheatham WMA isn't 25 minutes away from where we will be visiting. Anybody have any info on the place? Definitely not asking for pins, I'll find my own way around hopefully just more so curious if it holds turkeys well there and if anybody here has had any success there? Thanks guys.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

LaLongbeard

You could probably wait until you get there.... you'll find plenty of people at Cheatham to talk too lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

chipper

There are a lot of birds there but gets hit pretty good on the weekends, during the week not so much. You can also look up the Federal refuge land about an hour and half from Nashville and find some decent hunting there. A lot of land down 65 south out of Nashville down around Columbia Tn. that is wma that is loaded with birds. A lot of pressure on weekends though.

buzzardroost

There are birds there but being that close to a major population center, it gets hit hard by googans. It really should be a quota hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Quote from: chipper on January 24, 2019, 04:43:49 PM
A lot of land down 65 south out of Nashville down around Columbia Tn. that is wma that is loaded with birds. A lot of pressure on weekends though.

This x100

3bailey3

not a clue but glad to see back posting Coop

Coop1082

Thanks for the replies fellas and I know Bailey! Life came at me fast. Baby girl turned a year old, little boy hit 4, remodeling a house, trying to fit in time between work and all that to get into a deer stand every once in a while and I almost forgot how to post to this forum! Lol
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]