turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WTB Pappy Killer Keg Tube call

Started by LaLongbeard, December 05, 2018, 10:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Anyone have an extra they'd part with let me know. I have an Osage one that has cracked all down one side still works.... but for how long. Meant to order a replacement unfortunately that's out of the question now.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

davisd9

Got one in Blue Mahoe if you are interested.  Asking $35 tyd USPS Money Order or Check, no PayPal.  Was going to post it for sale but saw your ad so I am giving you first choice.  Got two that I am going to post and a gulp, if you want one it is yours.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

LaLongbeard

Appreciate the offer, but I was able to fix mine with some epoxy and some sanding. That's a good deal for someone Pappy made a fine tube call and I use mine a lot.

davisd9

10/4, glad you got it straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

LaLongbeard

Little epoxy and sanding with a coat of wipe on poly and were back in business. One of the things I like about Pappys design was the brass insert so even with the wood splitting completely it didn't change anything sound wise when I glued it back together.

mspaci

1 of mine cracked, I think that the wood & brass dont react the same to temp changes, Mike

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Phillipshunt on December 10, 2018, 02:20:59 PM
Little epoxy and sanding with a coat of wipe on poly and were back in business. One of the things I like about Pappys design was the brass insert so even with the wood splitting completely it didn't change anything sound wise when I glued it back together.

You did a fine patch job.

Flatfish83

Questions...I have never used one of these before and was going to get one this spring. Are they fairly easy to learn? Who makes a good one for a beginner?

revjtwiggins

Quote from: davisd9 on December 07, 2018, 11:55:49 AM
Got one in Blue Mahoe if you are interested.  Asking $35 tyd USPS Money Order or Check, no PayPal.  Was going to post it for sale but saw your ad so I am giving you first choice.  Got two that I am going to post and a gulp, if you want one it is yours.

Davisd9, do you still have your kegs? I would like to get the blue mahoe if you still have it.

mspaci

Quote from: Flatfish83 on January 02, 2019, 07:00:29 PM
Questions...I have never used one of these before and was going to get one this spring. Are they fairly easy to learn? Who makes a good one for a beginner?

quite easy only takes 100 hrs or so. Mike