OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New-ish Watkins call set

Started by Yoder409, December 21, 2018, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Back in the summer, I posted some pics of this set as it progressed in Marlin's shop.  I never got around to posting up the finished products.

It's a limited edition matched set of a Cost-style paddle and short box.  The boxes are mineral stained poplar.  The lids are hop hornbeam.  Marlin said it's probably the last matched set of Cost calls he's gonna do.  He also said it's the ONLY two calls he's EVER had to write on in white.

I had a day..........so rather than have them shipped, I went out and spent a good bit of the afternoon visiting with Marlin in his shop and picked up the calls myself.  It was a VERY enjoyable visit !!

I wish I were smart enough to do the soundfile thing.  But I ain't.  So you'll have to take me at my word.........they BOTH sound every bit as good as they look !!!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Pooh4459

Gog1015

Congrats, on those. That is some awesome mineral stained poplar. I have the same combo in a parquet fiddle box and it sounds amazing.

vt35mag

Fantastic set!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

sixbird

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

Thanks for the kind words, fellers !!!

My Mrs. doesn't know it yet...............but I think I need to call Marlin up, again..............    ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Jrkimbrough

tomfooleryy

Very special set you have there, congratulations!