OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TJ Johnson box calls

Started by Turkz39, December 16, 2018, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkz39

Just thought I would share a pic of a TJ Johnson snake wood and holly call.  Ic

Turkz39

His boxs are pure turkey.   Can not wait to get one in the woods this spring.

Turkz39

If anyone is interested in TJs call they can contact him at 1-843-503-3513,,

doublespurs21

Turkz39

Turkz39

Turkz39

Will

Those are stunning! Correct me if I'm wrong but he has learned from Marlin?

Turkz39

Will,  TJ and Marlin are very good friends.  Marlin has been his mentor with box calls.   I know  he will make Marlin very proud.

Rodmin

Got to run his calls this weekend. Marlin definitely picked the right call builder to continue his legacy!! Craftsmanship is incredible and they are pure hen turkey talk no matter which side you run, soft or loud And  they have a great gobble!

Pooh4459

I talked with him last night and he is a super nice guy to boot. He said he will be at Unicoi and Nashville with some boxes to sell also.

MDTOM84

I ran some of his boxes at Turkey Trot and they were fantastic!! There was one that was really good and Marlin wouldn't let me buy. Well I talked to TJ last night and he still has that box and is going to hold it for me to pick up at Unicoi!!! Very nice man to talk to and I have a feeling he is going to be getting a lot of my money in the future

Gog1015

Thanks for providing his contact info, I spoke with him last night as well, really nice guy with a lot of good information. He has calls available now in several combos. They all sound really good so I don't think you could make a wrong choice.

M Sharpe

Quote from: MDTOM84 on December 17, 2018, 04:56:44 AM
I ran some of his boxes at Turkey Trot and they were fantastic!! There was one that was really good and Marlin wouldn't let me buy. Well I talked to TJ last night and he still has that box and is going to hold it for me to pick up at Unicoi!!! Very nice man to talk to and I have a feeling he is going to be getting a lot of my money in the future

TJ will be set up with Marlin this year at Unicoi. Good looking caller!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

crenshawco

Those are sharp, and it's easy to see Marlin's influence on his work. Are the soundboards concave on TJ's calls like Marlin's? They don't appear to be in those pictures.