OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Illinois non resident process?

Started by buzzardroost, December 09, 2018, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

Could someone explain the IL application process for a non resident spring turkey?Do you pay up front? Refunded if you don't draw? Apply for a certain county or just a zone? I think I see that you just apply for a certain week. Not looking for info on where to go, just the process. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FANMAN

It only makes sence to me because I've lived in Illinois my whole life. The state is split into 2 zones, north and south. there are 5 season's,the south zone starts a week before the north zone. The 1st season is only5 days,2nd 6, 3rd 6, 4th 7, 5th 7 days. The lottery is by county, and or special hunt areas on public ground.The second lottery is now accepting applications , the second lottery is for non- residents, and residents that didn't didn't apply for the first lottery.After reading this back it sounds like a clusterfart.If you need any further explaination, ask away.Oh and yes you pay up front and either get a permit or a refund.

renegade19

Quote from: buzzardroost on December 09, 2018, 04:23:45 PM
Could someone explain the IL application process for a non resident spring turkey?Do you pay up front? Refunded if you don't draw? Apply for a certain county or just a zone? I think I see that you just apply for a certain week. Not looking for info on where to go, just the process. Thank you!
We don't have any birds.  Go to Missouri.     :funnyturkey:  Seriously though, go to the IDNR website and apply for what season and county or site you want.  You can make several choices.  I think you can also apply for the 3rd lottery and the later random daily drawings.  The website usually updates after each lottery and tells you how many tags are left for each county or site.  For what it's worth, some of the special sites seem to be full after the 1st lottery.  Good luck!

buzzardroost

It looks like if I just want to hunt Shawnee, I have to pick a County and not the National Forest?

renegade19

Quote from: buzzardroost on December 10, 2018, 09:19:06 AM
It looks like if I just want to hunt Shawnee, I have to pick a County and not the National Forest?

Yes.  Shawnee National Forest is county specific.  Most of the public ground in Illinois will be county specific unless it's listed otherwise.  Parts of the National Forest can get pretty busy at times.

fallhnt

Union is a good choice...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy