OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PRAYERS FOR JACK PAPPY LEWIS FAMILY

Started by vaturkey, November 10, 2018, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

Prayers to family  :cross2: ,,, he was a great all round craftsman 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

mmclain

He loved to stay busy.  Great to talk with.  Sad day for his family.

3bailey3

prayers for his family, I loved his calls and knives, I just read his last post on here,11-4-18 on the tube call page!

Prohunter3509

Prayers for pappy's family
I learned to use a tube call with his help and his call
It goes in the woods everytime i go, its all turkey
Thanls pappy it broaden my hunting experience

mwr

daddyduke

So sorry to here. Prayers being lifted up for family and friends!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

paboxcall

I am saddened to hear this, Jack was a huge presence here on OG, and a super guy.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Devastator

SteelerFan

Very sad, indeed. Hope his dawns are clear and crisp, and his woods filled with gobbles.

ridgerunner

:cross2: Hate to hear this. Jack was a great guy and great Callmaker.  :cross2:

West Augusta

Jack and I shared many a telephone call.  He was a good man and as a call maker, a friend. 
Rest in peace Pappy.  We will surely miss you.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

greencop01

Sorry to hear, God's Blessings on his family............He's celebrating the supper of the LAMB  :bible:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

gergg

Wow, sad news, always considered Jack's work top-notch, and he was a special person too. I have a few of Jack's calls that I will carry with me this year, expect to share some Spring mornings with him by way of his creations.....Rest in peace Jack.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

owlhoot

Our prayers are sent .

I have various multiple call types and a great knife from pappy. He was always a great guy to deal with and always helpful. Enjoyed a phone conversation or two with him.

I will miss seeing his posts with the great calls and knives on here .
RIP Jack.

sixbird

Yes, sad...He was a great craftsman and a genuinely nice man.
Jack made me a couple of calls just before he passed. He kept contacting me to see if I got them (my mail is slow). When I did finally get them, he thanked me and wished me well. Just the kind of guy he was.
A friend bought something from him and somehow the order got mixed up and he got somebody else's order. He told Jack to send him the other person's info. and he'd ship it on to them. Jack was grateful for that and insisted on my friend not paying for his order and Jack was going to send it to him anyway. My friend refused but Jack, instead of just making things right as any good person would, insisted and when his order came there was, if I recall correctly, a striker and maybe a tube call? It was way over the top and my friend was dumbfounded.
That's just the kind of guy Jack was...