OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

12ga 2 3/4” Hevi 13 performance?

Started by quackaddict, January 29, 2019, 11:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

Found a good stash of #6s and #7s at a good price and was just curious if anyone has shot them with good results? I would think 1.5oz of 7s would be plenty good for inside 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

worth612000

I had some older 1 5/8 oz #6 that did just fine. With 1 1/2 oz  # 7 you will have slightly more pellet count and the 7's will do a turkey in. I have been shooting both strait 7's and mag blend. Not really a preference but what I found on sale over time

Gobble!

I use to shoot the HeviShot 7s with total confidence. No experience with the lighter load though.

pdaugherty

I've shot just about every shell that Hevi-Shot makes for turkeys. You won't have an issue killing birds at 40yds with either of these. My gun performs the best with the 3in 2oz strait 7s. If you've found them for a good deal then I'd snatch them up.