OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What choke Mossberg 535?

Started by Ranger518SVS, April 28, 2018, 11:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger518SVS

Probably been posted before but I can't find it. Just bought a Mossberg 535 and looking for the best couple for this gun. Thank you for any assistance

sdcollin

I shoot an Indian Creek .660 in mine(28" barrel)and it patterns many loads really well.Long beard XR and Magnum Blend are about the best.

mikejd

I helped a friend get his dialed in and Indian Creek was what worked best in his gun.

Buckman18

I have a 535 with a 22" barrel, and have a Carlson's Longbeard .660 choke tube. With 3" #5 Longbeard with 1 3/4 oz I'm putting ~185 at 40 and ~95 at 60. I was satisfied, and have not yet tried #4 or 6 Longbeard, nor have I tried 3.5" yet. The factory choke that came with the gun was not any good regardless of load. So far, 3 shots and 3 birds. Tagged out in GA this morning

Ranger518SVS

Thank you everyone that replied, I bought an Indian Creek tube last week.  I haven't patterned it yet but will next turkey season. Thanks again

ShootingABN!

So the 535 is not over bored right...

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: ShootingABN! on June 14, 2018, 02:26:58 PM
So the 535 is not over bored right...

No

It uses Win Choke / Invector threads

strut-n-rut

ive killed alot of turkeys with the factory turkey choke that came with it. one this year at 60+ yards

SumToy

All in what load you plan on running in it.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA