turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking to replace my wing bone

Started by Sir-diealot, August 20, 2018, 10:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I am beginning to notice pieces of my wing bone chipping off, thread coming loose and cracks on my call so I am looking for a replacement. I was wondering if anybody has one for sale that is just a straight call with nothing fancy going on with it. I think those fancy calls look great and will get one eventually but right now I need function over form. I know I want one made with hen bones as opposed to Tom bones as it is my understanding they work better. Thanks for the help. Oh I want to set up a deal for the third of next month as that is why my disability check comes in. Thanks again.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 20, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
I know I want one made with hen bones as opposed to Tom bones as it is my understanding they work better.

Not necessarily. There a lot more to it than that.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: EZ on August 21, 2018, 06:38:10 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 20, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
I know I want one made with hen bones as opposed to Tom bones as it is my understanding they work better.

Not necessarily. There a lot more to it than that.
Like what? I am always willing to learn and I need to learn a lot when it comes to calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

EZ

The ID of the bones, the length of each bone, the overlap and fit, the ratio of the length of one bone to the mating bone. I'm sure there's a physics problem in there somewhere  ;D, but most have figured it out through lots of trial and error.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: EZ on August 21, 2018, 11:32:12 AM
The ID of the bones, the length of each bone, the overlap and fit, the ratio of the length of one bone to the mating bone. I'm sure there's a physics problem in there somewhere  ;D, but most have figured it out through lots of trial and error.
Okay thank you.You know anyone selling a no thrills wingbone? Like I said I can't do fancy right now.

John Koenig:

EZ

Sir-diealot

John Koenig: