OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Warning: Turkey Hunting is Addictive.

Started by TurkeyHunterML, August 20, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyHunterML

Just finished up this Glass over a Grizzly Chewing Tobacco Lid in a African Mahogany-Walnut Pot. I thought the lid was pretty cool because I could scratch out the word Cut and scratch in BEARD (Extra Long Beard = Turkey) and then Smokeless tobacco changed to Turkey Hunting. Since it is my 1st one (using the tin lid) I guessed at the distance between the lid and glass, but will make adjustments on the next ones. I'll update with either a sound file (if it sounds good) or with my notes on how it sounds (if it sounds like crap).

Before conditioning the glass I have to finish up a couple of 3" copper in Spalted Magnolia and a Walnut bowl.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

Dr Juice

EZ

TurkeyHunterML

UGLY Sounding - Well maybe not so bad when played at a distance. Posted youtube link below. Give it a listen and give me your opinion. First call with a snuff lid soundboard. The lid set the size if the call, so.....

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

doublespurs21

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

KentuckyHeadhunter

My Pall Mall's make a terrible soundboard..... :TooFunny:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

va longbeard

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: va longbeard on August 20, 2018, 08:36:33 PM
Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on August 20, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
My Pall Mall's make a terrible soundboard..... :TooFunny:

Marlboro's work better!

Just not enough rasp for me.... ;D

I do like the idea of alternative soundboard material but consistency comes into play.  Either way they look nice.  Keep playing with em.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

TurkeyHunterML

https://youtu.be/yXvvDFbbyGU

Let me know what you think. I need to condition the surface a little better.

roverboy

Its not actually a bad sound. It might not be what you are going for, as far as sound goes. Hows the volume?
Listen for the gobble

EZ

Who knows with turkeys. That might be just the sound they want to hear!!!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

TurkeyHunterML

Quote from: roverboy on August 21, 2018, 10:40:20 PM
Its not actually a bad sound. It might not be what you are going for, as far as sound goes. Hows the volume?
Loud