OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto the Hills by Gene Nunnery

Started by Sir-diealot, August 11, 2018, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I am starting to build myself a small book collection on turkey hunting and am trying to find a copy of "I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto the Hills by Gene Nunnery" I am looking to set up a deal for next month of the following depending on price.

I am not looking for a collectors piece, just something readable that the cover and binding are in tact and there are no pages written on or falling out of the book. I do not care if there is a dust jacket, I just want a decent readable copy.

Please PM me and lets see if we can work something out that will work for both of us. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a good night.

Oh I have pictured what I have so far.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bennett

Good luck in your search. You may not be interested, but you can preorder a reprint of The Old Pro Turkey Hunter on Amazon for $25. It's going to be released in October. Both books are great, but in my opinion Old Pro is one of the best.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bennett on August 11, 2018, 09:29:06 PM
Good luck in your search. You may not be interested, but you can preorder a reprint of The Old Pro Turkey Hunter on Amazon for $25. It's going to be released in October. Both books are great, but in my opinion Old Pro is one of the best.
Thank you, it is on my wish list with many other books and some other hunting related stuff. https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/358VYXUGSTLS/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_4
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Good luck. It's not as common or easy to pick up as the Old Pro book. Keep searching thats part of the fun in my book collecting.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 12, 2018, 10:49:02 AM
Good luck. It's not as common or easy to pick up as the Old Pro book. Keep searching thats part of the fun in my book collecting.
Thanks, I could pick up a copy now but they are more than I can afford so I am hoping to find one that may be a little beat up for less. Like I said I just want a readable copy and I don't want to dump 100.00 for a good copy then mess it up reading it.

John Koenig:

quavers59

I have both Gene Nunnery Books---Old Pro Turkey Hunter and what you are looking for- I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Onto The Hills. I bought both of mine from Jim Casadas New and Out of print Turkey books.   Think, I have around 45 or so Turkey books in my collection. Jim Casada should have what you are looking for.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: quavers59 on August 12, 2018, 12:36:06 PM
I have both Gene Nunnery Books---Old Pro Turkey Hunter and what you are looking for- I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Onto The Hills. I bought both of mine from Jim Casadas New and Out of print Turkey books.   Think, I have around 45 or so Turkey books in my collection. Jim Casada should have what you are looking for.
Thanks for the idea. I took a look and all that he has are super high end copies that are more expensive than others I have found. I just want a readable copy. Thanks again for trying though.

John Koenig:

DeltaRunner

Is I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Onto The Hills about turkey hunting?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DeltaRunner on August 21, 2018, 09:46:01 PM
Is I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Onto The Hills about turkey hunting?
Yes, sure is. Here is a link.

John Koenig:

BMAC_Turkeys

Thats a hard one to find.  Took me a while but ended up spending $40.  Doubt you will find any books in Jims collection for what you want to pay as his books are very nice.  Keep an eye out on amazon.  They will pop up from time to time.

Also, most turkey hunting books are only 1st ed and hard to find, thus they can tend to be expensive

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BMAC_Turkeys on September 04, 2018, 02:09:23 PM
Thats a hard one to find.  Took me a while but ended up spending $40.  Doubt you will find any books in Jims collection for what you want to pay as his books are very nice.  Keep an eye out on amazon.  They will pop up from time to time.

Also, most turkey hunting books are only 1st ed and hard to find, thus they can tend to be expensive
Thanks. Yea I just can't spend that much on an author I don't even know if I like, I just like the title and the scripture behind it is a major then that is attracting me. Thanks for the tips.

John Koenig: