OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 ga tag out( measurement update )

Started by gobbler74, April 24, 2011, 06:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

The last of my VA tags was spent last thursday on this gobbler. My trusty nwtf bps 10 served me well. 3 easterns this season. That gun has become a close friend in the turkey woods.
Official score tue morning on the last gobbler is
12-9/16" beard
1-1/4" spur
1-3/8" spur

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

doepee

I hope to get my 10 ga.bps going for next year, currently hunt with sbe2 but want to shoot the 10...hopefuly waiting for some heavyshot magblends.. by the way nice lookin call  and striker in the pic , what wood is that??

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Hognutz

Way to go, Brother..Who is that masked man? Great bird, nice hooks and beard. I  like the gun as well. Well done, Jim..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

cannonball

Basser69

Congrats on a great season!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Beretta686

Very nice, congrats.

How far do you tote the BPS? Some days I will walk 4-5 miles. Would love to take it with me all the time, but I can't take the weight. LOL My friends have nicknamed it  "The Crow Bar"

Have you added optics to your BPS?
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

gatrkyhntr70

You had an awesome season Jim!! :you_rock: :you_rock:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

TalksToTurkeys

gobbler74

Quote from: Beretta686 on April 25, 2011, 10:46:45 AM
Very nice, congrats.

How far do you tote the BPS? Some days I will walk 4-5 miles. Would love to take it with me all the time, but I can't take the weight. LOL My friends have nicknamed it  "The Crow Bar"

Have you added optics to your BPS?

I have used this one for 3 seasons carrying it on some long hikes. It will definitely get your legs under you after a couple weeks. To help with the weight and carry add a claw contour sling. It grips great and feels great on the shoulder. I use Burris optics. I have gone back and forth between the fastfire2 and speeddot. Looking forward to the fastfire 3 to see how it holds up. The barrel had been polished and the trigger worked to 3 lbs also. I put a kickeez pad on it too. It shoots smooth with less recoil than my 3.5 rems or mossbergs. Its a sturdy built gun. I love it after the shot especially when ejecting a shell you dont have any feeble action catches trying to hang up. It throws out the spent round and chambers another very smooth. I can say out of 17 turkey rigs I have toted its probably my favorite..close call with my remington spst

Old Gobbler

:wav:  Congrats Jim !!!    :icon_thumright:

I myself favor the big 10 , and have so for along time - I have many guns but the 10 is always on the knee
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Beretta686

I'm headed to Colorado Thursday and y'all have convinced me to put the 10 in the case along with my .12

Pasture and alfalfa field equalizer
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

turkeybill34

Hognutz

Yowsa.. That is a Pigasaurus Rex, Jim. Congrats, again..Mike   :fud: :newmascot:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69